Northwest Youth Corps
POSITION: Young Adult Recruitment Coordinator
LOCATION: Northwest Youth Corps Headquarters, Eugene, Oregon.
Will require 20% travel to remote training and project locations which may include traveling
within OR, WA, and ID.
Benefit Package includes: Personal Leave, Paid Holidays, Medical and Dental Coverage, Disability/Life Insurance, 401k investment plan, Professional Development, and other perks!
Since 1984, Northwest Youth Corps (NYC), a non-profit organization, has given tens of thousands of youth and young adults opportunities to learn, grow, and experience success. Through partnerships with conservation agencies, youth and young adults gain the personal and professional skills needed to carry out a variety of stewardship projects, from which they can earn a stipend, high school credit, and/or an AmeriCorps educational award. More importantly, these young people gain skills needed to become economically and socially self-sufficient, benefit their communities as citizen stewards, and recognize that they can make a positive difference. NYC also operates an accredited charter school, internship program, and the Idaho Conservation Corps (ICC).
The Recruitment Coordinator is responsible for planning and coordinating Northwest Youth Corps young adult recruitment and hiring for all AmeriCorps and field leader positions. This position requires a person with energy and organizational skills, a person dedicated to helping young adults develop the skills they need to lead a successful life, and a person interested in promoting the growth of a generation dedicated to stewardship of our public lands and our nation’s natural communities.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Support
- Promote continued organization support of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives.
- Seek to remove barriers to participation in NYC programs for underrepresented populations.
Department Supervision and collaborations
- This position is supervised by the Community Engagement Manager and serves on the
- Community Engagement team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit an extensive and diverse applicant pool for young adult conservation programming
- Manage onboarding process for all young adult members, young adult leaders and youth leaders, including tracking the status of required paperwork and communicating logistics with hired members
- Coordinate applicant interviews, send hire letters and create hire letter checklists
- Collaborate with AmeriCorps Program Manager to ensure AmeriCorps compliance throughout the onboarding process including conducting background checks and timely submission of onboarding paperwork
- Professionally represent NYC/ICC while presenting at career fairs, community engagements and tabling events to increase interest and awareness of programming
- Maintain consistent and open communication with the Community Engagement team to carry out goals and expectations
- Assist with the coordination of a dynamic advertising campaign including but not limited to job board posting, social media content and outreach resources
- Maintain a strong and engaged alumni base
Position Qualifications & Certifications
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Broad knowledge of recruitment and outreach strategy
- Reliable and self-motivated
- Exceptional communication skills
- Superior problem solving skills
- Strategic thinker
- Exceptional organizational skills
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- The RC will work in an office setting that is climate controlled, with a noise level that will be quiet to loud. This position serves in an open office environment with staff from multiple departments working in a shared office space.
- When working remotely, the work environment may not be within an area with cell phone reception. You may also be working from a school or community center that is loud, crowded and/or cold/warm.
- While performing the duties of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation, the employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or vehicle; reach with hands and arms; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear; and smell repeatedly.
**This Position Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.**
Terms of Employment Based in Eugene, will require 20% travel to remote training and project locations which may include traveling within OR, WA, and ID. This is a full time, exempt position. Typical hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00AM to 5:00 PM; with periodic long days and/or evening and weekend responsibilities seasonally.
Send a cover letter and resume to Jessica Johnson, Human Resources Officer at email provided, with “Young Adult Recruitment Coordinator” in the subject line and document attachments in word or PDF format. Please do not call or drop in. Additional program information can be found at www.northwestyouthcorps.org
Northwest Youth Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Our core purpose is to provide opportunities for
youth and young adults to learn, grow, and experience success. We believe diversity is a key source of strength for our communities, and we strive to create a safe and empowering environment for participants from a wide range of backgrounds and abilities. We are deeply invested in the success of youth and young adults of all races, ethnicities, gender identities, religions, sexual orientations, economic statuses, or other socio-cultural identifiers
More info here: https://www.nwyouthcorps.org/m/Staff/AdministrativeStaff