- Date Posted: January 28, 2021
- Location: , Banff, AB, Canada
- Company: Chinook Rafting
- Job Type: Seasonal
- Salary: TBD
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: 0-2 yrs
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 866-330-7238
Whitewater Rafting Guide needed at Chinook Rafting (May-Sep 2021)
If you are looking for something a little different this summer, would like to work in the outdoors for a rafting company focused on providing outstanding guest service, are a team player with an outgoing personality, and have a sense of adventure then we would like to hear from you.
We are currently taking applications for the Whitewater Rafting Guide positions to join our exciting and experienced team, and company rafting on the Kananaskis River.
Job Duties – Specific Skills:
Escort and lead small groups on outdoor sport and recreational trips/programs, advise on safety, plan trips, practice low impact/no trace land use, attend to persons with special needs, provide outdoor, wilderness and wildlife instruction, enforce safety rules and regulations, and handle complaints.
Operate and maintain rafts, operate photographic and video equipment, operate communication (including emergency) devices, provide emergency or first aid assistance, maintain and repair equipment, train and supervise junior staff, keep logs and maintain records.
Pre-requisites for Raft Guide position:
- Previous raft guide training and certification in paddle rafts OR successful completion of our annual Guide School
- Minimum standard first aid (16hr course) and CPR certification
- Rescue 3 Swift Water Rescue Technician Level I or equivalent
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or valid Canadian work permit/visa holder
- Competent Class IV paddler / raft guide
- Wilderness first aid (40hr-80hr course)
- Excellent hospitality, public relations and customer service skills
- Enthusiastic, reliable and outgoing person that loves the outdoors
Apply Now! Submit your resume and cover letter to our email address, & indicate which position you are applying for. Or click link below for more info, and other employment opportunities: