- Date Posted: March 10, 2022
- Location: Manassas, Virginia
- Job Type: Full Time
- Housing Offered: No
- Experience: 3-5 years
- Website: https://www.lambertcable.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (252) 903-7511
Hey … Are you ready for a CAREER CHANGE?
Lambert’s Cable Splicing, LLC is an established utility contractor providing a variety of services within the telecommunications industry. These services include engineering, design, installation, and maintenance for all phases of inside and outside voice, video, and data networks. We are currently recruiting for linemen in the Catlett, Virginia office.
$2,500.00 Sign-on Bonus (MUST MEET ALL QUALIFICATIONS)
Successful Lineman candidates must have knowledge of established aerial cable installation procedures and techniques including the placement of poles and anchors, familiarity with a wide range of tools and equipment, ability to read and understand prints/maps, safety rules, and operating instructions.
- Install and repair aerial telecommunications cable
- Safely use hand tools and equipment such as; wrenches, drills, ladders, lanyards, saws, lashers, climbing hooks, and more.
- Safely operate mechanized equipment such as; bucket trucks, digger derricks, excavators, and more.
- Setting up safety perimeter using signage, cones, safety barriers
- Flagging traffic when required
- Understanding of separation and clearance regulations
- Ability to safely work aloft using climbing hooks and ladders.
- Flexibility to work in multiple locations
- Ability to travel when travel is required.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be able to pass the pre-employment background check, motor vehicle check, drug test, and DOT physical exam, resulting in a valid medical card
- Previous construction experience, preferably in the telecommunications industry.
- A valid, unrestricted driver’s license (Commercial driver’s license preferred but not required)
- Knowledge of established aerial cable installation procedures and techniques
- Ability to climb telephone poles and work in a bucket truck and work aloft and climb poles up to 40 feet
- Able to perform all duties in telecommunications construction (such as; pole transfers, maintenance builds, new build, cable installation, over lash, and strand construction)
- Able to lift/carry 50 lbs regularly and up to 100 lbs as needed with or without assistance
- Ability to set up & maintain safe work areas
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
Splicing of active & passive equipment would be a plus