- Date Posted: September 9, 2020
- Location: Taos Ski Valley, NM
- Company: Taos Ski Valley
- Job Type: Seasonal
- Salary: TBD
- Housing Offered: Maybe
- Experience: 0-2 yrs
- Email: [email protected]
The Grooming Department maintains the resort’s trails in winter by moving, grading and texturing the snowpack utilizing snow grooming machines. By coordinating this department’s efforts with snowmaking, ski patrol, lift operators, lift maintenance, terrain parks, and race department, we strive to provide the best quality skiing/riding possible.
Snow cat and Winch cat operator to work swing shift 4pm to 12am or graveyard shift 12am to 9am. Graveyard shift may work longer hours do to overnight weather conditions.
- Reliable attendance on all scheduled work days/nights.
- Check assigned grooming machine at the start of each shift to ensure pre-shift checks are completed and at the end of each shift. Complete log book and grooming reports. Report mechanical deficiencies to maintenance personnel via work order.
- Fuel machine at the end of shift and clean snow from machines and trailer.
- Keep inside and outside of machine clean.
- Demonstrates sufficient skill in trail grooming to ensure that a quality skiing surface is maintained for our guests.
- Possess knowledge of grooming patterns and traits on the mountain.
- Know your way around the mountain regardless of weather conditions.
- Follow the directions from the; Crew Leader, Trail Supervisor, Trail Manager and Snow Cat Mechanic.
- Complies with the Taos Ski Valley, Inc. Appearance Standards & Drug / Alcohol policy.
- Prioritizes safety and reports any grooming and/or safety concerns to Supervisor, immediately.
- Must be flexible with scheduling and duties at all times.
- Interdepartmental support is required.
- Other duties may include, but are not limited to, Trash haul Cat, ski patrol haul cat, food deliveries and public sleigh transportation.
- Previous heavy equipment experience, previous snowcat/winch cat experience preferred, possible opportunity to train for winch cat operation.
- Ability to operate machinery and has mechanical aptitude and understands how the machine works; hydraulic systems and diesel motors.
- Operate equipment in a safe and skilled manner and protect equipment from abuse.
- Able to operate heavy equipment which could potentially result in exposure to hazardous fluids and loud noises.
- Able to operate equipment on steep or otherwise precarious terrain.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency.
- Demonstrates an awareness and consideration of safety and security policies and procedures.
- Able to drive and stay alert for shifts lasting up to ten hours.
- Possess an understanding of avalanche safety.
- Clean driving record & valid driver’s license.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
To view full job description, and to apply, visit link below: