Riverbound Sports Paddle Co.
Riverbound Sports is seeking motivated and hardworking individual(s) to work a variety of roles at our paddle shop in Tempe, AZ for the 2021 season. At Riverbound, we pride ourselves on our customer service, best gear and product knowledge. As a result, our little shop in the desert has received numerous accolades and was recently awarded 2020 SUP Shop of the Year and 2020 Trip Advisor’s Travelers' Choice!
Ideal candidates will have excellent customer service skills, and ability to be comfortable explaining how to use the gear, show customers how to load and unload rentals to safely get to their destination and back, and share local knowledge of local lakes and rivers. Attention to detail is key to the entire customer service experience.
Whether the customer is shopping or renting, a positive customer service attitude and the genuine desire to help others is what sets us apart from the rest!
- helping customers with their reservation process, from booking reservations, customer check in to checkout, and return
- help and teach customers how to safely load and unload their equipment on, or in their vehicle
- help show customers how to properly use the gear and understand the rules of the local lakes and rivers
- clean and maintain the equipment once returned
- ask customers about their experience
- promote specials, sales, events in-store or related to our products
- willingness to learn and expand on product knowledge and impart that knowledge with store visitors
- Minimum age 18
- Comfortable using/ learning retail software
- Can lift up to 40 lbs alone, 50 lbs with help
- Physically able to maneuver large/long merchandise in and out of store
- Must be available weekends and public holidays
- Work outside for a majority of the day.
The Fun Stuff:
- Last but not least, be an ambassador for FUN and SAFETY on and off the water.
- Experience with paddling, and or other outdoor water sports would be a great advantage.
- We love stand up paddle boarding and kayaking! We love to share the stoke, with friends, family, the community.
- We would encourage our new team member to do the same. Enjoy free rentals and use of new products, special discounts for yourself, family and friends. Flexible work hours/ scheduling so that you can enjoy some time on the water too.
- On the job training will be provided
Job Types: This is a part-time, seasonal position but there is an opportunity to transition to regular employment
Pay: Starting at $13.00 based on experience
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Awesome co-workers
Currently, we are open Tuesday through Sunday 9 AM to 6 PM. As the season progresses, expanded hours will be available
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer service: Minimum 1 year (Preferred)
- Must be able to pass a background check
- All staff and customers are required to wear masks.
- Proper sanitization of our rental equipment is expected.
- Surfaces are to be cleaned regularly.
- Rentals are spaced apart and customers are expected to maintain social distancing.
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address.
Visit our website for more info: https://www.riverboundsports.com/