- Date Posted: May 30, 2020
- Location: Philipsburg, MT
- Company: The Ranch at Rock Creek
- Job Type: Full Time or Seasonal
- Salary: BOE
- Housing Offered: Maybe
- Experience: 0-2 yrs
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 1-877-786-1545
A prep cook has the task of preparing all raw food and ingredients for the line cooks and chefs who assemble and cook it so that it can be served to the customers in a tasty and visually appealing manner.
- Maintains par levels of all food for restaurant service as well as banquets, holidays, or special events.
- Consistently executes preparation, seasoning and cooking of all food on regular menus as well as any specialty items.
- When required, participates in putting away of all food inventory.
- Date all food containers and rotate, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Communicates regularly and effectively with Director of Food and Beverage, Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef about departmental issues.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, line set up and freezer pull out.
- Consistently reports to work as required by daily and seasonal needs.
- Meets departmental productivity standards.
- Performs work in a safe and high quality manner.
- Complies with laws, ordinances and regulations governing food preparation, service and disposal.
- Collaborates with fellow team members on seasonal availability of ingredients.
- When required, checks the quantity and quality of received products.
- Estimates amounts of required supplies to properly fill out prep sheets.
- Informs chefs or purchaser know when product needed for production is insufficient to properly perform duties.
- When required, meets with chefs and FOH management to discuss special occasions such as parties and banquets.
- Is aware of rotation timing of all F & B inventory at all times.
- Maintains and enforces proper rotation of product with fellow team members at all times.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Some level of culinary education
- Knowledge of raw materials, food production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective production and services of prepared food.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment as it pertains to procedures and operation of safe use.
- Basic knowledge of the chemical composition, structure and properties of substances and the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo. This primarily pertains to materials used for cleaning and sanitation.
- Finger and hand dexterity in order to operate food machinery with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Valid Driver’s License.
For more information on this opening, and to apply, visit here: https://www.theranchatrockcreek.com/careers/