- Date Posted: December 11, 2021
- Location: Running Springs, California
- Company: Pali Institute
- Job Type: Full Time
- Website: http://www.paliinstitute.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (909) 867-5743
Are you an enthusiastic educator with a strong work ethic, over the age of 21? If so, working at Pali will give you the chance to join like-minded individuals instruct children in a variety of classes including Science, Outdoor Education, and Leadership Development. We are looking to teach new children each week, grades 4th-12th, you will have the chance to pass your love of the outdoors onto our next generation of students, while your gain valuable experience
Hours and Start Date:
- Full-time seasonal position.
- Season begins January 3rd, 2022
- Different length contracts available:
- January 3rd 2022 – June 3rd 2022 (1 season contract)
- January 3rd 2022 – December, 17th 2022 (End of Contract Bonus!)
Pali Instructors teach different students every week in a variety of classes within the disciplines of science, outdoor education, and leadership development. Pali strives to be an excellent educational supplement to classroom-based education and is proud to be a WASC (Western Association of Schools and Colleges) and AEE (Association for Experiential Education) accredited organization.
Our instructors teach activity groups during the day as well as take on the role of cabin instructor during meals and in the evenings. Our science curriculum covers a broad array of topics such as ecology, geology, biology, and physical sciences. We foster and encourage personal and social growth with the help of our team building sessions, low ropes course, five high ropes courses, and two zip lines. In addition to Leadership and Science curriculum, we also focus on Outdoor Education which includes hikes, LNT principles, and basic camping skills. Evening programming includes activities with a focus on science such as astronomy or night hikes as well as activities designed around the traditional camp experiences including dances, karaoke, and variety shows.
During cabin time, instructors can customize the students’ free time, gearing activities or relaxation time towards sharing personal passions like music or art, or adventuring out to play games during an exploratory hike. By the end of the week, our instructors can reflect on both the rewards of working with children and teaching in the outdoors.
All Instructors Must:
- Be over the age of 21 before the season starts.
- Have prior experience working with children. (Preferably in grades 4th-12th.)
- Possess ability to work in a team environment with 60+ other staff.
- Be flexible and adjust to changes quickly.
- Have ability to handle concerns and issues in a constructive manner.
- Have a positive attitude.
- Obtain First Aid/CPR certification prior to the start date.
- Work as both cabin instructors and field instructors.
Our Top Instructors Are:
- Experienced in the camping and/or experiential education fields.
- Able to have fun with kids, laugh at yourself and be silly!
- Passionate about Science, Outdoor Education and/or Leadership Development.
- Comfortable and confident teaching and instruction small and large groups of students.
- Willing to learn and grow through constructive feedback, in a timely manner.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
Perks to the Job:
•50% off healthcare covered after 60 days •Living in Southern California
•5-day work week
•Working with awesome, like-minded people
•Superior shared off-site housing provided- All instructors are provided off-site housing accommodations for weekends, and out of cabin use for the duration of the season. Pali pays for all utilities, WiFi, Netflix.
•All meals provided when you are working, and program is running, breakfast,lunch, dinner.
•Instructors only on-site staff lounge with couches, internet access and Netflix.
•Accreditations with Western Association of School and Colleges and the Association for Experiential Education. Hours here can count towards your educational degree teaching hours.
•Employee referral bonuses
Weekly stipend $350-$400 a week depending on level of education. An additional $50 each night when in-cabin. You should expect to be in-cabin 2-4 nights a week which will fluctuate each week.
Additional opportunities avaliable for an increase in weekly pay shortly after training is complete. Anywhere from an increase of $10-$40 a week. Ropes leads, school leads, senior instructors.
Leadership opportunties often avaliable for instructors who have completed at least 1 season with Pali.
**$350.00 referral bonus for anyone we hire referred by a current employee or newly hired employee as long as they stay with us through the end of the season. The referred employee is also entitled to a $350.00 signing bonus paid no earlier than mid- season and no later than end of season.
**Travel stipends avaliable for any one traveling from out of state, driving or flying. Restrictions apply.
**All employees are required to be fully vaccinated by their start date. Protected groups that may qualify for exemptions are reviewed on a case by case basis if an offer of employment is made.
Link to explore more about our program and position! https://paliinstitute.wixsite.com/newinstructorinfo