- Date Posted: April 29, 2022
- Location: Gypsum, Colorado
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $20 / hour + tips
- Housing Offered: No
- Experience: No experience required
- Website: http://sageoutdooradventures.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (970) 476-3700
Sage Outdoor Adventures is looking for people who are genuinely good, happy, and enthusiastic. We search for individuals that live for outdoor experiences, that love other people, that are gifted at sharing, and are naturally giving, polite and mature. We can train you to do anything and know that if you have the right attitude and qualities everything else will fall into place.
Job Description: Reservations, Front Desk & Rental Service
The guest experience starts with the initial phone call and we at Sage pride ourselves on having the most efficient and professional sales team in the outfitting business. We offer 6 to 7 different activities and as you can imagine having 7 activities and 3 different locations, it requires a sales team that can adapt quickly to selling products and having a basic understanding of each activity offered. Being able to switch topics quickly is key to this position.
We have a very casual, well-run, and extremely fun office centrally located in Dotsero near the Glenwood Canyon where most calls for the entire operation flow. The office is open from 8:00 AM to 6 PM and operates 7 days per week.
Our office has lots of windows and fantastic views all around. This is not your typical office where you are stuck at a desk under bad lighting and no fresh air. Lots of excitement with staff interaction all day long.
- Answering Phones
- Checking people in for activities
- Describe Tours, Activities, Trip Times, Age and Ability Requirements, Cancellation Policies, Etc.
- Input reservations for all activities offered
- Transfer calls to various departments
- Work with Guide Staff during the day
- Occasionally work at our Mountain Base located North of Wolcott.
- Deliver sales materials to our clients if needed
- Respond to online chat inquiries, emails, and online reviews.
- Experience with taking reservations either for activities, lodging or similar
- Knowledge of the Vail Valley and surrounding areas.
- Excellent phone communication skills – the ability to be enthusiastic and generate excitement while quickly booking a reservation.
- Ability to learn Reservations Software and other related computer programs
- Efficient working on a computer, typing, and working with technology.
- Have a vehicle to get to work and a clean driving record in case you use a company vehicle
- Help to rent equipment to the general public such as River Tubes, SUPs, Rafts, etc.
- Sage operates under permits from the United States Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, and the Department of Transportation and is held to higher standards than most companies. We require certain items in order to maintain our status in the industry.
- All applicants must be at least 18 years old for this position
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Full Time is typically 40-50 hours per week and has potential for overtime regularly as the season gets busier in peak times.
- We have shifts available each day of the week and need to cover weekends/weekdays.
- All shifts would begin at 8 am
- The office schedule is set and offers the ability for you to count on certain days off.
- We require you are available the entire summer beginning in May and going through Mid September. We are unable to offer extended time off during peak season which is June 15th to September 7th.
A large part of this position will require you to participate in ALL the activities that we offer. (FYI…This is really FUN!!!!)
Very important: For this position, you will be required to participate in Whitewater Rafting, ATV/Side x Side, Horseback riding, Fly Fishing, Driving vans around to learn where all of our pickup locations are, and in general be an active part of not just the office but our guide staff. If you are unable or unwilling to participate in what we are offering it is virtually impossible to sell it confidently.
Pay: Regular Pay for this position begins at $20/Hour to start based on qualifications, industry experience, and knowledge of Sage and the activities offered.
- Free and Discounted Activities for Family and Friends
- Discounted Food and Retail at Base Locations
- Pro Deal Pricing with various Outdoor Equipment and Apparel Dealers
- Ability to work year-round and quickly advance in pay
- Flexible time off especially in Off Seasons