- Date Posted: April 29, 2022
- Location: Groveland, California
- Company: Evergreen Lodge & Rush Creek Lodge at Yosemite
- Job Type: Full Time
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: http://www.evergreenlodge.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (209) 379-2606
Don’t fall for a signing bonus and low wages!
Our Line Cooks make $20,000 in 6 months!
And that’s before overtime opportunities and tip-outs!
Experienced cooks make $19/hr vs $15/hr at other places – that’s $4,000 more in base wages alone! Lead cooks make $20/hr & even our entry-level cooks make $18/hr.
*Total based upon experienced line cook working 40 hours weekly for26 weeksat $19.00 per hour!
And we’re a great place to work, with a fun, respectful, people-oriented culture & amazing quality of life.
2022 END OF PEAK SEASON
To show our appreciation to those who work with us throughout our busy season and finish the season with us, we are very excited to announce that we have created the first-ever End of Peak Season Staff Appreciation Lottery.
- Lottery occurs on or around October 31st
- Must begin working with us by August 1st
- Must be employed at the lodge on October 30th
- Tickets: eligible staff earn 1 lottery ticket per full pay period worked (minimum 60 hours) from April 4th through October 30th (up to 15 pay periods)
- Award levels distribution
Sixty $250 awards Ten $500 awards Five $1,000 awards
See additional lottery details posted at staff café & time clocks
We currently have openings for Line Cooks to complete our exceptional food & beverage team at the Evergreen Lodge at Yosemite and Rush Creek Lodge at Yosemite. We look for warm, friendly people with healthy, active lifestyles, high standards, and high integrity, who have been top performers in their previous roles. We welcome seasonal or career-oriented applicants.
All positions work with our talented Executive Chef and Sous Chefs to deliver outstanding, freshly prepared cuisine for our three meal-a-day food operations, which is served in our sit-down restaurant, outdoor dining area, and tavern, as well as catered events.
Evergreen & Rush Creek Lodge pride themselves in serving fresh, healthful food that far exceeds expectations given our remote setting. Given our location, most of our 800+ guests eat with us in our relaxed mountain environment each night, in addition to 50-100 locals. Both lodges are a coveted venues for weddings, reunions, and small group events.
The ideal individuals have significant line cooking experience, and culinary training (formal or informal), are excited to support a great staff environment in a professional yet “down-home” way, and embrace working in a rustic environment in a relationship-oriented business.
Ideal qualifications include:
- Prior similar experience
- Strong culinary training (formal or informal)
- Interest in living in a remote lodging environment
- Excited about creating a warm family atmosphere for staff while maintaining high standards (& has had prior success managing to these goals)
- Strong interest in training/coaching
- Hospitality or related experience
- Independent thinkers with great initiative, but comfortable working within a defined framework
Key personality traits:
- High integrity
- Guest service oriented and staff-focused
- Self-motivated (takes initiative) with high standards
- A mature, personable leader with a relaxed nature
- Execution oriented; enjoys hands-on implementation
- Leading a healthy, drug-free lifestyle
- Dynamic, fun, and likes the outdoor
- Flexible with a “whatever it takes” attitude
- $18.00-$20.00 per hour
- Position can be year-round or seasonal
- Full-time position available immediately
- Room and board available for fixed weekly cost both Onsite and Offsite
- Hours variable, including nights and weekends as well as situational/crisis availability; a regular schedule with specific days off will be established
- Healthcare benefits available after 90 days
- 401K eligible with company match after 1 year
ABOUT THE EVERGREEN LODGE
The Evergreen Lodge at Yosemite is located on 22 acres bordering Yosemite National Park. The lodge is highly recommended by Fodor’s, called a ‘Hidden Gem’ by Sunset Magazine, and described by Frommer’s as “the classic Yosemite experience.” Built in 1921, Evergreen Lodge has always featured cabins in the woods, a retail store, an excellent restaurant, and a classic tavern. In 2002, the lodge was purchased and underwent a major expansion and modernization, reopening in 2004 with 48 new guest cabins, guest facilities, recreation programs, and both on/off-site staff and manager housing. The lodge again expanded in 2009, adding 24 additional guest cabins (for a total of 90) and completing a variety of facilities and public space upgrades. The expanded Evergreen retains its original warmth, character, and personal touch while providing the best all-around lodging and recreational facilities in the Yosemite area. The Evergreen provides great career opportunities for talented staff and managers. Since the lodge has a significant recreational focus, we seek staff and managers who are excited about the outdoors and lead a healthy, active lifestyle.
ABOUT RUSH CREEK LODGE
Rush Creek Lodge is the first new resort to join the Yosemite area in decades and is located just 1/2 mile from Yosemite’s Highway 120 entrance and 7 miles from the Evergreen Lodge. Set on 20 woodland acres, this hillside ‘destination within a destination’ boasts a grand main lodge and a mix of 143 lodge rooms, suites and two-bedroom hillside villas, all featuring a deck overlooking nature, the majority with sunset views. Rush Creek also offers a restaurant, tavern, expansive pool area with poolside bar, game room, guest lounge, event space, guided recreation, and more. Like Evergreen, Rush Creek provides gracious and friendly service, top quality facilities with both private and communal settings, and a wide array of activities for guests to enjoy their time at the lodge and to explore the Yosemite area. Rush Creek is able to expand the Youth Program, environmental mission, and meaningful approach to hospitality that began at Evergreen Lodge.And like Evergreen, Rush Creek offers both on and off-site housing for staff and managers.
EVERGREEN & RUSH CREEK’S INTERN PROGRAM
In addition to its primary function as tourist Lodges, the Evergreen & Rush Creek run a Youth Employment Program in which 18-24-year-old young adults from urban backgrounds join our staff for a program of career-oriented training and work experience in a healthy, supportive community, coupled with exposure to outdoor and recreational life experiences.
Although providing a great guest experience is our first priority, our Intern Program is central to what we do at both Lodges, and we are proud to run an enterprise with both a business and a social mission. Our Program’s success hinges on our ability to find exceptional managers and hourly staff who provide support and mentoring for our interns. Those who are most successful and happy at the Evergreen & Rush Creek are genuinely excited about helping others and feel our Intern Program enriches their job, rather than adding an additional burden to an already challenging operating role.
Evergreen Lodge is also a founding Certified B Corporation, having met rigorous, independent standards of social and environmental performance. Rush Creek has also become a certified B Corporation as well, working like the Evergreen to use business as a force for good.
Both lodges also host an innovative onsite hospitality apprenticeship degree program in partnership with our local community college, providing yet another vehicle for social impact. The combination of hospitality, recreation, culture, idyllic setting, an environmental sensibility, and social mission make the lodges very special and unique places.