- Date Posted: December 18, 2022
- Location: Kanab, Utah
- Salary: $15.60 - $18 / hour
- Housing Offered: No
- Experience: No experience required
- Website: http://www.bestfriends.org
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (435) 644-2001
Best Friends recently received a 2022 Top Workplaces USA award from Energage. Visit the Best Friends Animal Society page on the Energage Top Workplaces award winners’ site here to learn more. Not only do we take pride on cultivating a welcoming and supportive community and culture for our employees, but we also offer competitive benefits that make it easy to see why we were granted such an awesome award! Take a look for yourself! We offer competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability, dependent care reimbursement, pet sitting reimbursement when traveling for work, flexible spending account, health savings account, generous paid time off, paid holidays, auto insurance discount, and legal and identify theft coverage. For added wellbeing support, we offer Pawternity Leave for employees to have time to care for their personal pets, mental health support, and an employee assistance program. We also offer a generous 401k savings plan. Do you want to love where you work? Look no further and apply online today!
Location: Best Friends Animal Sanctuary Lodging (5001 Angel Canyon Rd. Kanab, UT 84741)
Hiring Range: $15.60 per hour to $18.00 per hour, depending on experience.
Position Summary: Sanctuary Lodging Housekeeping Specialists play an integral part in our guests’ experiences by creating and maintaining guest Cottages/Cabins/RV sites and public areas in pristine condition.
Sanctuary Lodging Housekeepers personally interact with our guests while working to ensure that all details are attended to and guest requests are handled properly and immediately.
Sanctuary Lodging Housekeepers demonstrate exceptional guest service skills and model Best Friends’ culture of kindness. A person in this position will be expected to perform routine manual tasks to maintain cleanliness, sanitary conditions and appearance inside and outside of guest rooms and common areas while also interacting regularly with the guest, their accompanying pets, and other Lodging and Best Friends team members.
Culture Statement and Responsibility: Treat people around you as our most valuable resource by leading with Kindness and Compassion in all your actions, build trust by demonstrating authenticity and following through on your commitments, encourage self-care and work-life balance through your own example, and work to build strong relationships with your team by creating communication loops to share and receive honest feedback. You are responsible and accountable for the culture of your team.
- Participate in all housekeeping-related tasks such as sweeping, mopping and washing windows and walls, dusting, vacuuming, making beds, assisting in our on-premise laundry, trash removal, and scrubbing of floors and bathrooms.
- Maintain public areas and ensure guest rooms are well-stocked with toiletries and supplies.
- Report maintenance requests or issues to the Maintenance Technician.
- Maintain stocks of cleaning and paper supplies, bathroom amenities, etc.
- Perform routine basic maintenance in guest rooms such as changing bulbs, tightening toilet seats, cleaning up after pets, TV/cable troubleshooting, plunging toilets, cleaning microwaves and coffee makers.
- Clean up after emergencies, such as overflowing toilets, broken dishes, etc.
- Interact with guests, answering questions, and assisting with personal needs.
- Respond to special requests from guests, such as fresh towels, sheets, light cleaning, early check-ins or late check-outs, etc.
- Assist in laundry so items are always available instore rooms.
- Bring issues immediately to the Roadhouse Manager’s attention.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Roadhouse Manager.
Skills and Experience:
- A High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Outgoing positive personality and good communication skills.
- The ideal person for this job will be a team player, personable, professional.
- Attention to detail, flexible and enjoys handling a variety of tasks.
- Must be able to routinely lift 40 pounds.
- Must be able to work out of doors in all weather conditions, with temperatures ranging from below freezing to above 100 degrees.
- Must be able to perform strenuous physical activityon a daily basis, including, but not limited to climbing up and down ladders, lifting and carrying, reaching, stooping, squatting, cleaning and bending.
- Valid driver’s license, meeting Best Friends Animal Society’s driver qualification standards.
After applicants accept an offer of employment in writing, they will be asked to provide Covid-19 vaccination status information pursuant to any applicable policies in place at the time of hiring.
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at Best Friends Animal Society. Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, or domestic partner status.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Best Friends Animal Society.