Ripple Effect Ecotours
Ripple Effect Ecotours is seeking dedicated, hard working eco-tour guides. If you have a love for nature and educating people, while having a fun and fulfilling career, we want to talk to you.
Ripple Effect Ecotours’ mission is to provide an entertaining and educational eco-tour experience to our guests. Our tours are designed to increase public awareness of all that nature has to offer in the region and to provide environmental education, which encourages personal safety as well as respect and sustainability for these natural areas. Our location gives us access to the 40,000+ acres of the southern GTM Research Reserve and allow us to explore the most remote and pristine waterways surrounding St. Augustine.
To be considered you will NEED:
- ACA Level 1 Certification
- Experience guiding group kayak tours
- A passion for the environment
- The ability to work holidays, weekends, and flexible hours
- Be eager and willing to be consistently learning
- Experience maintaining kayaks and related equipment
- Strong knowledge of the local Intracoastal Waterway area and wildlife
- The ability to lift tandem kayaks (90 lbs)
- Strong customer service and public speaking skills
- Some knowledge of basic office equipment and reservations software
- The ability to handle working in the elements
Education, certifications, and licenses: preferred
- A bachelors’ degree in a relevant field of study (ecology or biology) and/or Florida Master Naturalist certifications
This position has the potential for advancement and additional paid training for the right candidate.
Salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
To apply: Please send your resume with a cover letter outlining your relevant experience, education, and training for the position. Phone calls and drop ins will not be considered.
Visit our website here: https://www.rippleeffectecotours.com/