- Date Posted: April 28, 2023
- Location: Wexford, Pennsylvania
- Company: The Woodlands Foundation
- Salary: $1,333 a month
- Housing Offered: $1,333 a month
- Website: https://mywoodlands.org
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (724) 935-5470
The Woodlands Foundation
Camp Counselor (Overnight)
- Full summer (May 28-August 10) $4,000 for the season
*Includes $500 completion bonus*
- 1st session: May 28 – June 30
- 2nd session: July 9 – August 10
The Woodlands provides a pre-planned, paid break from July 1-July 9 for our full commitment staff and includes housing and all meals for all camp staff.
Think you have what it takes to be a Camp Counselor at The Woodlands?
Are you ready for a summer of amazing experiences and memories that will last a lifetime?
We’re looking for responsible, enthusiastic, and spirited individuals who can serve as leaders and role models at camp this summer! May 29th through August 12th.
The Woodlands is a summer overnight camp for individuals with disabilities across the lifespan located in the North Hills of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Working at The Woodlands is a lifechanging experience. You will be contributing to many wonderful memories in addition to caring for those with disabilities and helping them reach their goals and make new and lifelong friendships!
We do take internships!
- Fulfill all personal care needs of assigned participants during the duration of WFI programming.
- Provide adequate supervision at all times, including frequent and accurate head counts.
- Encourage participation in all program activities.
- Lead scheduled program activities and encourage enthusiasm and participant involvement during programming.
- Provide participant support as required in his/her Individual Support Plan (ISP), where applicable.*
All Woodlands Staff are Expected To:
- Provide individualized adaptations, accommodations, and modifications based on participant needs.
- Complete all documentation completely and accurately within the allotted timeframe; report all incidents to the Camps and Retreats Program Coordinator.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and training sessions as assigned.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of all WFI policies and procedures.
- Maintain strict participant confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA.
- Serve as a beneficial model to campers in all personal habits; maintain positive professional relationships with all WFI staff members, participants, families, and guests.
- Communicate thoroughly and actively, providing constructive feedback to supervisors and all WFI staff members.
- Possess and demonstrate enthusiasm and positivity towards all WFI staff members, participants, families, guests and assigned or scheduled tasks and activities.
- Willingly adjust to changing priorities or conditions.
- Advocate for all WFI participants.
- Support and carry out the mission of the Woodlands Foundation.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school graduate or equivalency.
- Flexibility in scheduling.
- Procured PA Acts 33/34/73/31 upon hire.
- Unexpired CPR/ First Aid/ AED certification upon hire.
- Ability to pass a Drug Screening.
- Ability to ascending and descend slopes and transverse a variety of indoor and outdoor settings and uneven terrains.
- Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions and in swimming pools up to eight (8) feet deep.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, and crouch to assist participants or work with WFI equipment.
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information with all WFI staff, participants, families, and guests.
- Ability to safely, and securely and frequently: grasp, lift, transport, position, and place participants and WFI equipment weighing at least 50 lbs.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $1,333.00 per month
- First Aid Certification (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
- AED Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
Please review the steps below and if you have additional questions, you can contact Leia Patsilevas at 724-935-5470 or [email protected] in our programs office.