- Date Posted: February 18, 2022
- Location: Winston, New Mexico
- Company: Geronimo Trail Guest Ranch
- Job Type: Full Time
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: https://geronimoranch.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (575) 772-5157
Come join the Geronimo Trail Guest Ranch team in our beautiful area of southwest New Mexico, located at 6,500 feet elevation in the ponderosa pines. Explore the canyons, creeks, forests, and mountains of the Gila National Forest!
Get off the grid, reconnect with nature and find your serenity again!
We are looking to hire a unique individual who wants it all: dramatic scenery, versatile work, independent living, and truly memorable life in the mountains!
The best way to have a good time is to show others a good time. Help us give our guests the best vacation they have ever had!
- Do you LOVE to make people happy and help give them the best vacation they have ever had?
- Are you INTERESTED in hospitality, management, marketing, reservations, and more?
- Do you LOVE to have a variety of different things you do every day in your job?
- Do you get a feeling of SATISFACTION from putting in a full day’s work and giving it your ALL?
- If you answered YES to the above questions, this may be the job for you!
Start Date: Immediately
Position Type: Full-time, year-round. Our guest season runs from March through November. During the winter (December through mid-February) you will be able to work remotely (i.e., away from the ranch) with fewer hours, allowing for travel, time to visit friends and family, etc.
Considerations: We are a small ranch (12 guests max) and we are very remote. You need to have your own transportation to work here and be comfortable with long periods away from town/city life as we are located 2 hours from the nearest town. There is no cell phone service at the ranch, so this is a great opportunity to disconnect from technology and reconnect with nature and the important things in life! Unfortunately, we cannot accept pets as the ranch has plenty of animals!
- Salary $2,500/month.
- Share of tip pool during the guest season. (We cannot promise a number, but this often adds another $2,000/month to your salary!)
- Room and board included. Living accommodations are a fully furnished private room in a house with a full kitchen, one bathroom, and a living area, shared with two other people. Eating our chef’s delicious meals with our guests is a huge bonus! Please note we cannot accommodate spouses or families.
- Satellite TV, laundry, and limited Wi-Fi are included.
- Benefits also include a season completion bonus and a raise each additional year worked.
Typical Day: Working on a ranch consists of long hours, not your typical 9-5. A normal day during our guest season starts at 8 AM and goes until evening activities are over at 10 PM. Entertaining and spending time with the guests is also a key element of a job at the ranch: during the day as well as evening campfires, line dancing, games, or movies as they desire until 10 PM each evening.One day off per week maximum during the guest season. You will be able to hike and explore our beautiful area during your time off! Staff must be well-groomed, flexible, able to take constructive criticism, and be a team player. Western attire is required.
- Your main job will be in the office:
- Assisting the Ranch Manager and Ranch Team with day-to-day operations.
- Answering the phone, responding to emails, taking bookings.
- Posting to social media, helping with marketing.
- Bookkeeping, inventory management, and organizing.
- Excellent people skills, phone skills, and customer service skills are necessary.
- You will also be asked to help in other areas of work around the ranch:
- Housekeeping: Cleaning the four guest cabins after each group of guests leaves. Cleaning other ranch buildings (i.e. Cantina, Rec Hall, etc.) at least once a week or as necessary. Attention to detail is a must. The cleaning will be shared with other staff members.
- Server: Setting up, serving meals to the guests, and cleaning up after meals.
- Ranch work: Cleaning, oiling tack and boots, fixing fence, painting, staining, other maintenance, watering flowers, anything else that needs to be done!
- Horse Care: Helping unload hay, feeding, doctoring, brushing, saddling, scooping poop!
- Back-up Wrangler: Following or leading on rides as necessary – again most of your time will be spent in the office, but there will be occasions where help at the barn may be necessary, so horse experience is a bonus!
* This would be a great opportunity for someone with a few years of experience or with a degree in any of the following areas: business, marketing, entrepreneurship, sales, etc.
*A background and credit check will be required prior to a job offer.
*We require staff to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and to follow current New Mexico protocols.
A job at our ranch requires a fast learner, a motivated self-starter, and the ability to work independently. Versatility, flexibility, attention to detail and a positive attitude are needed.
One Person, Many Hats! We are looking for an adynamic, dedicated individual!