- Date Posted: December 11, 2021
- Location: Julian, California
- Company: YMCA of San Diego County
- Job Type: Full Time
- Website: https://www.ymcasd.org/camps/camp-marston
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (619) 909-7009
Looking for a fun job to build your leadership skills?
Are you passionate about working with youths in outdoor settings?
GROW YOUR CAREER AT OUR Y LOCATIONS BELOW!
Camp Marston Program Details:
Come join Camp Marston for a season of meaningful work, lifetime friendships and amazing memories in the mountains!
Full Time – Now, until June 15th, 2022
Y would I apply?
- Outdoor Work Environment!
- Housing & Food Included
- Work with Your Friends – Text them the link to this page now!
- Gain Experience working with Children & the Community
- Build Your Resume
- Opportunities for Growth & Year-Round Employment
- Looking for Benefits? We’ve got you covered:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- PTO (Sick time, vacation days, personal days, and holidays)
- Retirement Contributions
Sound good? (We think so, too!) Here’s what you would do:
- Teach Outdoor Education and/or recreation programming
- Lead activities including (but not limited to) archery, field games, and the climbing tower with good teaching and leadership skills
- Employ good teaching and leadership techniques in providing quality instruction
- Take full responsibility for the program areas of camp or assigned activity, including developing rules and procedures, ensuring adequate program supplies and maintaining or improving equipment and facilities
- Follow all rules, operating procedures, and instructions, carry and use properly the necessary equipment during activities, know and follow established emergency procedures
- Ensure the safety and supervision of students and participants
“OK, I’m sold!” What do I need to qualify?
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older and have obtained a high school diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree in education, recreation, related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Experience working with youth in Outdoor Education, Resident Camp, Day Camp or like setting preferred
- Certification or experience in the following preferred: climbing, camping, archery, hiking, biking, surfing, swimming, sailing kayaking and scuba diving
- Physical ability to lead and interact in group activities and perform related physical skills including standing, hiking and/or climbing for extended periods of time
- Must be able to live on-site during the program season
- Current certification in First Aid and CPR- must be from one of the following:
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety & Health Institute