- Date Posted: December 14, 2021
- Location: , Traveling (mostly Midwest)
- Company: Dirt Artisans
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: Starting pay is $18/hour. Higher for experience, CDL certification & CMV driver responsibilities
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Website: http://www.dirtartisans.com
- Phone: 513-484-3164
Dirt Artisans Trail Company designs, builds and maintains natural surface trails for hiking, trail running and off-road cycling along with accessible paths in several states across the nation. The Trail Builder-Hand Finisher works behind the machines to remove foliage using a handsaw, axe or chainsaw; clip roots/branches; use a rake, hoe or shovel to smooth out and shape the trail for proper drainage; create rock armoring or bridge building in wet areas; finalize the trail by using a backpack leaf blower, tamper and operate equipment to haul supplies into the worksite including a utility vehicle (UTV) and CanyCom (mini-hauler).
Responsibilities and Duties
- Be able to travel and live away from home for extended periods of time.
- Physically fit, strong, agile and dexterous.
- Enjoy working outdoors in forests or fields and be prepared for weather changes.
- Mindful and comfortable in nature, including wildlife and terrain with possible exposure to ticks, noxious weeds and steep side slopes.
- Possess good stamina to be able to hike into the worksite, pick up, carry and use equipment/tools/rocks, capable to stand and perform repetitive tasks for extended periods of time and work an average of 8-10 hours/day.
- Safely operate and maintain hand tools, such as an axe, rake, hoe, shovel, handsaw, hammer and loppers.
- Capable of learning to safely use power tools, such as a drill, chainsaw and backpack leaf blower along with operating machines including a UTV, CanyCom mini hauler and tamper.
- Observe and follow OSHA & company policies, safety rules and regulations
- High School Diploma or GED
- Comply with work eligibility guidelines by completing the required I-9 form upon hire.
- Maintain proof of a valid Driver’s License, acceptable motor vehicle record and own transportation to the jobsite locations.
- Provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination and booster records and capable to follow ongoing and updated health and safety guidelines within the communities we travel through, live and work.
- Experience is not essential: we will train motivated applicants; you will need to learn new skills and show consistent improvement upon those skills to safely operate tools, equipment and complete job tasks correctly and efficiently.
- Able to follow instructions, safety guidelines, work with others and communicate well.
- Good stamina and physical health are required.
Salary and Benefits
- Hourly, based on experience with a minimum base pay of $18/hour.
- Higher pay for CDL and DOT/FMCSA driving responsibilities.
- Work housing provided.
- Health insurance available for full-time employees.
See more info at www.dirtartisans.com
To apply: Please send your resume to [email protected]