Historic Tours of America
Come join the ranks of the FUN-employed at Historic Tours of America ®
We are now holding interviews for our PAID training program that will thoroughly prepare you to be a professional tour guide!
Our ideal Tour Guides have a passion for helping people and making their vacation experience a memorable one. A sincere love of history and the culture of our city is ideal. Tour Guides narrate several tours during each shift.
Part-Time position available. Weekends/Holidays Required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- No prior knowledge is required, paid training is provided
- Ability to perform on-your-feet routine physical activity
- Ability to learn and memorize scripted materials and historical details
- Ability to be heard in a loud, audible voice without amplification by an audience up to 35 or 40 persons
- Ability to give a scripted tour in the time allowed
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and tolerate a wide range of temperatures and weather conditions
- Ability to work independently over long periods of time within the scope of established rules and regulations to satisfy the needs of our guests
- Ability to handle stressful situations and difficult people both in person and via the telephone while maintaining a professional and pleasant demeanor
- Ability to read, write and speak fluent English in order to communicate with fellow CASTmembers and the general public
- Ability to work flexible shifts, including days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred
- Prior performance or interpretation experience is preferred
- An interest in history is a plus
To view full job description, or to apply, visit link here: https://historictoursofamerica.jobs.net/en-US/job/part-time-tour-guide/J3T3JV79SKHX106QNTM
About Historic Tours of America:
Historic Tours of America, Inc. is an entertainment company which provides historically oriented vacation experiences for our guests through the operation of trolleys, street trains, high speed ferry, themed retail stores, festival marketplaces and other historic tourist attractions in Key West, Florida; Boston, Massachusetts; San Diego, California; Savannah, Georgia; Washington DC and St. Augustine, Florida. Our strategy is to capitalize on the Historic Tours of America brand, while focusing on heritage tourism. In this process, we will maintain our emphasis on guest communication and satisfaction, product value, superior vehicles and industry trends to profitably expand our entertainment business in each of the cities in which we currently operate and in other vacation destinations across the United States. You can visit their website here: https://www.historictours.com/
Apply via link