- Date Posted: April 29, 2023
- Location: Redwood City, California
- Company: GrowFit
- Salary: $800 - $1,000 a week
- Housing Offered: $800 - $1,000 a week
- Website: http://growfit.camp
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (650) 394-5265
Inspire kiddos to love being active!
We are looking for an amazing camp manager to run our youth multi-sport camp in Redwood City. This position is perfect for a teacher or after-school staff member who loves working with kids 🙂
In a time where parents know the drawbacks of too much screen time, GrowFit provides a home for the active spirit. Nurturing the playfulness within us, GrowFit’s game-based approach allows children to gain age-appropriate sports skills and build confidence while having fun. GrowFit offers sports programs and physical education to children two to thirteen years of age.
The overall objective of the camp manager is to provide such a wonderful experience that retention rates for campers is 80% or above.
To support this overall objective, the manager’s responsibilities include the following
- Making sure all kids are completely safe at camp
- Counselors are following protocol and are engaging with the kids
- Deescalating upset parents
- Calling home when injuries occur
- Improving day of processes
- Understanding registration software to sign up and refund customers
- Motivating counselors
- Knowing all the kids names
- Being the positive energy at camp that everyone feeds off
- Hiring and training staff prior to camp (framework provided)
- Planning schedules (framework provided)
- Preparing for camp
- Hours are typically 8:30 am-4:15 pm.
- Being available for all camp days and weeks is necessary.
- Current camp days (Monday through Friday):
- June 12 – August 11 (no camp July 3rd or 4th)
- Must love working with kids
- Have a minimum of 2 years working with kids
- Must have great references
- Must be reliable and punctual
- Must be self-motivated to make the experience for the kids the best possible.
- Ability to bring your child/children to camp.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $800.00 – $1,000.00 per week
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Experience with Children: 2 years (Required)
- Managing Staff: 1 year (Preferred)
- First Aid Certification (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Please email at [email protected] for more details or Call us at (650) 394-5265 for futher communication