- Date Posted: April 16, 2021
- Location: Oregonia, OH
- Company: YMCA Camp Kern
- Job Type: Seasonal
- Salary: $265/week
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: 0-2 yrs
- Website: http://www.campkern.org/
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 513.932.3756 ext. 1528
1. Effectively assists in implementation of weekly lesson plans that fit the children’s needs, interests and developmental levels at camp.
2. Work effectively as a team with all Camp Kern Staff
3. Learn and teach camp songs around a camp fire
4. Participate in dining hall set up
5. Effectively lead large group activities such as games, camp fires, high ropes course, climbing wall, hayrides, canoeing, night hikes, campfire gatherings, and more.
6. Ensure safety by firmly and tactfully enforcing all aquatic rules, policies and guidelines.
7. To implement all ACA and Camp Kern rules and regulation.
8. Responsible for the welfare and safety of children enrolled in the group and in the program including maintaining appropriate ratio and supervision at all times with heightened awareness on field trips.
9. Effectively communicates verbal and written reports to parents.
10. Possesses working knowledge of child abuse and neglect laws and follows proper reporting procedures including confidentiality in regards to children and families participating in camp.
11. Implement set standards, guidelines, and programs.
12. Monitor and maintain accurate records including attendance, absenteeism, transitions, minor disciplines and incidents for each child in counselors group.
13. Ensure safety by checking for hazardous conditions and making sure all safety equipment is properly placed and in proper working condition.
14. Provide excellence in program service and delivery.
1. Knows and administers the appropriate EAP (emergency action plan) for any situation, including first aid or CPR, work-related employee injuries, etc.
2. Completes incident and accident reports as required.
3. Takes an active role in the Annual Campaign.
4. Follows membership retention practices of the branch.
5. Is courteous and gives sincere attention to members by answering questions and providing positive and regular feedback to program participants.
6. Knows the names of members and uses their names when speaking with them.
7. Upholds guidelines as outlined in the Employee Handbook of the Association.
8. Maintains appropriate certifications and records.
9. Attends designated trainings and staff meetings.
10. Carries out other duties as assigned by the Director or Management Staff.
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
- Critical Thinking & Decision Making
- Functional Expertise
- Emotional Maturity
Education and Certifications
- High school diploma or GED required. 2-year college degree preferred.
- Must be over the age of 18.
- One or more years of related child care experience required.
- Must know how to actively engage children in activities that will enhance their self esteem.
- Creativity, initiative, flexibility, eagerness to serve, ability to involve others, strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to establish and maintain excellent relationships with guests are necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time, to talk and hear, to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, to climb or balance, to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, occasional bending or squatting. The incumbent is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Also required is frequent hearing and talking, in person and on the telephone This position requires singing and speaking around campfires, hiking, and assisting with high adventure activities. More than 85% of time is spent outdoors. The noise level is normal to loud within an active YMCA program environment.
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address. Or call for more info.
Visit website here: https://www.campkern.org/