- Date Posted: April 6, 2023
Full Job Description
Key Job Details:
Reports to: Watershed Protection Coordinator
Department: Quality & Compliance
Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
Hours: M-F 8:00 am to 4:30 pm* (Hours per week are flexible)
Location: Delaware, OH
Rate: Pay is based on school year the candidate will be entering. Freshman and Sophomore $15.46; Junior and Senior $15.96
This position will assist in the development of the Del-Co watershed and source water protection strategies.
- Perform water quality sampling of Del-Co reservoirs, receiving streams, source water, and watershed.
- Perform water quality analyses for chemical and biological parameters.
- Calibrate and maintain sampling equipment, instrumentation, microscopes, and probes.
- Collect algae samples and may use microscopes to identity, classify, and document samples.
- Enter data, evaluate results, prepare reports, and identify algae species to augment database.
- Research watershed and land use characteristics, point and nonpoint source pollution, and surface and ground water source protection.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Current student or recently graduated from an accredited college/university with an area of focus in water quality, environmental science, chemistry, biology, or related field.
- General understanding of water quality, sampling technique, analytical methods, and watershed dynamics.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License and acceptable driving record.
- Must be comfortable working in a boat and wearing a life jacket, with priority on boat safety.
- Must be able to work in adverse weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Regularly required to stand, walk, and frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
DEL-CO WATER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of accountabilities, duties, or responsibilities of requirements. Any individual may be required to perform any other job-related activities or functions requested by his/her manager, subject to reasonable accommodation. Del-Co Water Company reserves the right to modify this job description to reflect changes in essential job duties made necessary by changing organizational needs, subject to reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of the position. If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Applicants may also apply for this position by visiting Del-Co Water at 6658 Olentangy River Rd, Delaware OH, 43015 or calling (740) 548-7746.
- Posted 2 days ago