Land's End Resort
Positions needed hired:
Bussers- Do not need to be 21 or older
Summary of General Server Position: Provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all our guests at the Chart Room Restaurant. Servers will be expected to show both internal and external customers the same customer friendly experience. We want our customers to return again and again. A server’s primary duty is to provide good customer service, knowledge of menu items, take efficient orders, deliver food promptly, and answer questions. Special attention is placed on teamwork, servers must be sociable and work well with other servers, work closely with other wait staff and the kitchen to ensure the restaurant is operated efficiently.
1. Welcome and greet guests.
2. Processing payment.
3. Cleaning tables and dining area (before, during and after shift).
4. Setting tables.
5. Check station and section for cleanliness and adequacy throughout your shift.
6. Check bulletin board for new information. During tourist season, we host many groups. Each group has specific guidelines on food charges, it is your responsibility to check the board for group details. This information is posted by the Groups Coordinator.
7. Be prepared for your shift (pen, writing pad, corkscrew, change fund of $35.00, etc.)
8. Check with MOD before leaving.
Server responsibilities, and Essential Functions:
1. Ensure that all orders are accurate and brought to each table in a timely manner.
2. Responsible for food pick up, garnishing and serving HOT FOOD.
3. Suggest appetizers and meals to customers based on the menu and specials.
4. Work closely with restaurant management to immediately address all customer concerns and create a pleasant dining experience.
5. Confirm orders with the chefs and bartenders whenever a clarification is requested.
6. Follow server guidelines for the service of food in the bar or deck area.
7. Must be able to work on your feet all day.
8. Ability to utilize a restaurant POS software platform (MobileBytes).
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as required by service station assignment.
2. Maintain clean service areas.
3. Monitor and observe guests dining experience. Keep manager informed of negative reactions and comments.
4. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
5. Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges or make change (if applicable).
6. Be ready and willing to assist bus person with clearing and resetting tables.
7. Performs other related duties as assigned by the MOD.
1. Be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
2. Must have a basic knowledge of dining room and service procedures and functions.
3. Possess basic math skills.
4. Must have legible handwriting.
5. Responsible handling money.
6. Able to operate a point-of sale system.
7. Well-groomed with good personal hygiene.
8. Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
9. Be able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food frequently weighing up to 20 to 25 pounds.
10. Possess a valid TAM card.
11. Possess a valid Food Handlers Card
12. Legal age of 21.
To apply, visit link below & complete application. Or call for more info.
For half a century, Land’s End in Homer, Alaska, has been among Alaska’s most cherished waterfront hotels. Perched on the beach at the tip of the famous Homer Spit, Land’s End immerses you in the natural paradise of Kachemak Bay. View whales and sea otters right outside your window or shorebirds as they migrate the shoreline.
Known for its arts, its natural beauty and its world-class fishing, Homer is where Alaskans love to vacation. Our family-friendly hospitality and genuine desire to serve you, our guests, has been our hallmark since 1959, and our biggest source of pride. Land’s End….it’s just the beginning.