[this job is a cross-post from our sister site, RanchWork.com]
Longfellow Ranch is a 350,000-acre working cattle ranch and wildlife retreat located outside of Fort Stockton TX. Our 4,700 ft. Lodge offers 5-star room and dining facilities for corporate events and guests.
We are seeking an experienced hands-on Ranch Manager to oversee a 350,000 acre ranch in Fort Stockton, Texas. Managers will be responsible for all aspects of daily operations and need experience caring for and handling cattle, horses and general mechanical maintenance skills. Must posses excellent customer service skills, service-minded and positive attitude, no drama, and confident office management skills including basic bookkeeping and employee supervision capabilities. This person will hire, train and maintain ranch staff on-site.
- Assist with Hunting Operations
- Manage Cattle Operations
- Manage property water availability
- Fence construction, repair and maintenance
- Planning and overseeing ranch projects
- Clean up, maintenance and beautification of ranch
- Maintenance and upkeep of ranch equipment, vehicles and facilities
- Heavy equipment operations and maintenance (tractors, skid stees, backhoes, etc.)
As the nature of the work requires, schedule will include working nights, weekends and holidays as needed. Schedule must be flexible to address ranch requirements outside of normal operating hours.
- Minimum 10 years ranch experience
- Must work independently with little supervision
- Operation of ATV/UTVs, rangeland drills, chainsaws and some farm equipment
- Physically fit and able to traverse rough terrain
- Must have a valid state issued driver’s license and be insurable
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background checks and drug screens
- Basic computer skills including email for communication
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- On-site housing with paid utilities and Wi-Fi
- Medical, vision, dental, STD and Life insurance
- Paid vacation time
Open to individuals, couples or families for this on-site position that work well with little supervision, have good communication skills and are willing to care for the property as their own.
To apply: Looking to fill the position immediately! If interested, please send your contact information along with your resume/credentials to our email address.
Visit website here: https://www.longfellowranch.com/