- Date Posted: December 11, 2021
- Location: North Carolina, Montana, Flagstaff, Arizona, and Washington
- Company: The Wildland Trekking Company
- Job Type: Full Time
- Website: https://www.wildlandtrekking.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (800) 715-4453
Wildland Trekking Co is seeking Guides to lead trips from April to September or June through September (location dependent with the possibility to extend into the fall) in a number of areas including Greater Yellowstone, Pacific Northwest, Zion, Bryce & Escalante, Rocky Mountains of Colorado, The Sierras and the Smoky and Blue Ridge Mountains.
Guides manage all aspects of the trip. Guides prep gear and food, cook meals, teach guests the basics of backpacking and camping, provide interpretive information, manage risk in variable environments, and facilitate social dynamics and guest satisfaction. Benefits include a fun, supportive work environment with high-quality people, a wage scale that rewards field experience, paid training, post-trip gratuities, and opportunities for professional growth into management positions. Imagine working a job where some of America’s premier hiking destinations are part of your day-to-day lifestyle.
The Wildland Trekking Company offers small group, multi-day backpacking or llama/mule supported trips, day hikes, car-camping basecamp style, and inn-based hiking trips for adults and families looking to experience unforgettable hiking vacations in majestic landscapes. Guests can expect delicious meals and extraordinary guides who have the ability to turn a great get-away into an unforgettable, inspiring adventure.
*The daily wage listed above is an average for an entry-level guide. Wildland has 6 pay tiers. We pay by the hour following all overtime, local, state and federal labor laws. This entry-level rate is to give you an idea of what starting pay could look like but is not an exact figure.
- 21 years of age
- Have or be willing to obtain a Covid Vaccine before employment start *per Executive order 14042 for Federal Contractors
- Previous guiding experience (2 years preferred)
- Hold, or obtain, a valid WFR/WEMT
- Hold, or be willing to obtain, a ServSafe of Backcountry Food handlers Certification
- Excellent camping/backcountry living skills
- Experience and desire to cook delicious meals in an outdoor setting
- Practiced interpretation and/or teaching skills, strong local knowledge (or willingness to dig in and learn about an area)
- A service-oriented work ethic
- High level of fitness
- Enthusiasm for being outside in all weather
- Possess superb customer service and people skills