Land's End Resort
Positions needed to fill:
Summary of General Position for Cook: This position supports the Executive Chef in both operational and supervisory functions. Such duties must be carried out in a professional, businesslike manner, with flexibility and strong leadership abilities. The line cook is responsible for preparation of food items according to Land’s End standards. This position is expected to communicate and coordinate effectively with Executive Chef, as well as back up the grill and sauté chef, and perform the responsibly of Dishwasher, Prep Level I and II.
1. Set up appetizer line and workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment.
2. Responsible for preparing ingredients to use in cooking, this includes chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.; (inform prep cooks of needed items, fill out prep lists at the end of shift).
3. Cooking food in various utensils or grillers.
4. Ensure complete set-up by opening time. (Everything is set-up and ready to go).
5. Prepare all items on menu according to Land's End standards.
6. Ensure great presentation and portioning of all menu items.
7. Assist with prep lists.
8. Inform Executive Chef of low inventory.
9. Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen.
10. Ensure all food and other items are stored properly.
11. Check quality of ingredients.
1. Creative knowledge of food presentation and ability to produce daily appetizer specials.
2. Knowledge of all kitchen sauces and ability to produce them from memory.
3. Ability to direct Prep Level I and II employees to achieve efficiency in the kitchen.
4. Basic food cost knowledge; adhere to portion control.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
2. Ability to perform the responsibilities of Dishwasher, Prep Level I and II.
3. Understanding of menu items (bar menu, appetizers, dinner menu) with experience in the timing of orders, plate set-up and presentation with emphasis on quality.
4. Able to prepare bar menu, appetizers and fried food items in high volume in a fast pace environment.
5. Excellent physical condition and stamina.
6. Able to work under Land's End policies.
7. Remain professional under pressure.
8. Experience in using cutting tools, cookware and bakeware.
9. Ability to follow all sanitation procedures. Successful completion of Kitchen sanitation test within 30 days of probationary period.
10. Ability to work in a team.
11. Effective communication.
Qualifications: The ability to multitask, while keeping a professional attitude. Must have good personal hygiene.
To apply, visit link below & complete application. Or call for more info.
For half a century, Land’s End in Homer, Alaska, has been among Alaska’s most cherished waterfront hotels. Perched on the beach at the tip of the famous Homer Spit, Land’s End immerses you in the natural paradise of Kachemak Bay. View whales and sea otters right outside your window or shorebirds as they migrate the shoreline.
Known for its arts, its natural beauty and its world-class fishing, Homer is where Alaskans love to vacation. Our family-friendly hospitality and genuine desire to serve you, our guests, has been our hallmark since 1959, and our biggest source of pride. Land’s End….it’s just the beginning.
https://www.cooljobs.com/wp-content/uploads/rsz_fried_rice.jpg, https://www.cooljobs.com/wp-content/uploads/thumbnail3.jpg, https://www.cooljobs.com/wp-content/uploads/Restaurant.jpg