- Date Posted: January 24, 2022
- Location: , Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
- Company: Coastal Expeditions
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $12 / hour + tips
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: No experience required
- Website: http://www.coastalexpeditions.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (843) 884-7684
Come join our team of fun, hard-working, life-long learners at one of our premier Lowcountry locations!
Since 1992, Coastal Expeditions has been putting people safely and securely in the path of beauty. As guides and storytellers, we delight in sharing all that we know about the Lowcountry‚ its land and water; plants and animals; and the history and culture‚ with everyone we meet.
We are looking for an energetic, nature-loving spirit to join our committed team as a KAYAK GUIDE / SHOP ASSISTANT at our headquarters location on Shem Creek in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina.
This employee will receive extensive training in safety and outdoor skills, gain an
in-depth knowledge of the most breathtaking landscapes in the Lowcountry, and hone skills as an educator.
We have openings for seasoned kayak guides, entry-level guides, and boat captains. Something for everyone!
Coastal Expeditions are a unique and fun work environment with amazing views of Shem Creek. Employees enjoy unlimited access to kayaks and stand-up paddleboards!
All guides will work some office and shop shifts.
– Assisting with rentals: paddle instruction, carrying boats to launch and back, launching/landing, and cleaning boats
– Helping other guides with tours: carrying boats, cleaning boats and gear, and helping clients
– Answering phones, responding to text messages, and making reservations
– Assisting managers with projects, including maintenance, boat work, data entry, stocking, cleaning, etc.
– Checking clients in and out and processing payment
– Assisting with scheduling and booking
– Guiding kayak and paddleboard tours (2 3-hour on-site tours and 6-hour wilderness tours)
– Assisting with hiking and kayaking field trips
– Assisting senior guides on multi-day camping expeditions (as needed)
– A positive, friendly, and enthusiastic attitude
– An interest in local, natural, and human history
– A desire to constantly learn and grow
– Customer service and communication skills
– Ability to work full days performing hard physical labor in the heat of Charleston summer
– A team player mindset
Please mail a resume and cover letter to [email protected]