- Date Posted: December 11, 2021
- Location: , New York
- Company: Balsam Lake Club
- Job Type: Full Time
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (415) 810-4217
Balsam Lake Club
Are you looking to get away from it all and work in a magnificent setting? Balsam Lake Club is located on 5 miles of the legendary Beaverkill River overlooking Balsam Lake. Approximately 2.5 hours drive from New York City.
This position is ideal for couples where one person is the House Manager and the other is the Chef, however, the accommodations or set up to accommodate non-couples as well. The House Manager and Chef report to the President of the Club and the Chairman of the House Committee. Our goal is to make sure every member’s experience is completely enjoyable and accommodating.
The House Manager is responsible for keeping the clubhouse presentable and assisting in the kitchen as requested by the Chef. Further, the house manager is responsible for alerting the Club Superintendant of any problems (leaks, animals, no electricity, etc.)
- Managing the member reservation system and the corresponding billing
- Setting the table for members at meal times
- Clearing dishes and help the chef to maintain and clean and orderly kitchen
- Assisting the chef with meal preparation
- Supervising and overseeing the outside cleaning staff, who conduct the heavy cleaning and laundry twice a week. These are currently scheduled for Mondays and Thursdays. All rooms are to be clean and ready for the members before they arrive, beds changed and made, trash cans emptied and clean towels placed in rooms. This may require some light housekeeping on interim days when the regular cleaning staff isn’t present.
- All bathrooms cleaned and trash cans emptied. Make sure there are clean towels available hanging on racks provided. Insure an extra supply of toilet paper and tissue paper in each bathroom.
- The living room and bar need to be clean and made presentable, trash cans emptied, pillows straightened on the couches, fireplace clean, wood placed in the fireplace ready to be lighted. And a ready supply of ice in the bar around cocktail hour at 5:00 pm.
- The porch off the living room and entry way from the parking area need to be clean. The furniture should be arranged in a conversational configuration.
- In consideration of our short growing season, the planting and maintenance of the gardens is optional.
- All doors are to be unlocked before members arrive and locked after the members leave.
- Weekly salary
- Room and board
- Year end bonus based on performance
- One day a week off (typically Tuesday or Wednesday)
- Gas for work travel is reimbursed
To Apply; Please submit interest and resume to Peter Hunt at [email protected] or 415-810-4217