- Date Posted: April 29, 2023
- Location: North Star, Wisconsin
- Company: Stockbridge Munsee Community
- Website: https://www.mohican.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (715) 793-4111
Stockbridge Munsee Community
Every employee of North Star Mohican Casino Resort is expected to greet and service our customers in a friendly, respectful manner and create a warm, fun atmosphere so that our customers feel welcome and enjoy visiting our establishment. North Star Mohican Casino Resort strives to provide a positive team environment where everyone contributes.
Welcome guests and seat dining guests according to available sections and guest preference. Greet guests positively, treating each person as an individual and in a professional manner.
- Ensures that the highest standards of customer service are maintained in accordance with policies and procedures set for the by North Star Mohican Casino Resort.
- Must maintain an acceptable departmental attendance record.
- Must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work.
- Must wear the approved, departmental uniform.
- Provide prompt, efficient, and courteous service to guests.
- Maintain table numbers, time served, and assigned servers for each section.
- Inform servers of guest placement and communicate any special requests or needs.
- Take comp and VIP reservations. Answer telephone calls appropriately according to procedures.
- Process monetary transactions with guests. Adhere to all revenue handling policies and procedures.
- Maintain and verify cash drawer daily; keep cash drawer supplied with sufficient monies.
- Maintain current knowledge of menu and beverage selections and menu prices.
- Have a consistent awareness of all activities occurring in each section. Visibly monitor service and performance of each server.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment for guests and fellow associates.
- Keep work area neat, clean, and stocked of needed supplies.
- Aid in clearing and setting tables, as necessary.
- Report any guest complaints or concerns to immediate supervisor for resolution.
- Be knowledgeable of the facility, as location of restrooms and telephones, hours of operations, etc. and can efficiently handle guest inquiries.
- Understand the goals and vision of the organization and demonstrate commitment to those goals in terms of individual and team performance.
- Perform as a team member and assist fellow associates to ensure a smooth operation.
- Prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must adhere to all established rules, regulations, procedures, and policies of North Star Mohican Casino Resort, and the Food and Beverage Department.
- Must adhere to the Casino’s Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Policy during employment.
- Must maintain compliance with all workplace policies, procedures, ordinances, laws, and other communicated expectations, including but not limited to: Employment Manual, Gaming Ordinance, State Gaming Compact, Tribal Internal Controls, Departmental Procedures, memos or other communication from supervisory or regulatory personnel.
- The above-mentioned duties and responsibilities are NOT an all-inclusive list, but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based upon organization needs and/or deemed necessary by the department manager.
- Must submit to court records search/background review.
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug screening and health screening.
- Must be flexible with schedule to work all shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to work with a variety of people with diverse personalities.
- Must have a positive attitude and provide a teamwork structure within the department.
- Must be willing to enhance self-development and be willing to adapt to change.
- Must be willing to attend all applicable training.
- Must have demonstrated ability to maintain a satisfactory working record in any prior and/or current employment.
- Must be eligible for insurance under the employer’s liability insurance.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred. High School Diploma or GED is required if you are 19 years old and under. *Part-time for minors aged 16-17 who must have either received a high school diploma or be actively completing their high school education.
- North Star Mohican Casino Resort is looking for a courteous and friendly individual.
- Must possess effective communication skills and possess ability to speak effectively and interact well with the customers and employees. Must be able to assist with special needs of customers.
- A minimum of six (6) months customer service experience is preferred.
- Previous cash handling experience is required.
- Must have basic math skills including addition and subtraction.
- Must have ability to remain calm and professional in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess the ability to be mobile 100% of the shift including maneuvering through crowded areas. Must be able to work in an area that is unusually noisy environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Constant hand movements (repetitive motions: grasping, holding, use of finger dexterity). Required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Constant walking and standing which may include kneeling, crouching, and bending.
- Occasional pushing/pulling, lifting and/or moving up to thirty (30) pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
- Work is generally performed in a casino setting with a higher noise level and where cigarette smoke is prevalent.
- Work environment is NOT smoke, noise or dust free.
THE STOCKBRIDGE-MUNSEE COMMUNITY OPERATES AS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, EXCEPT INDIAN PREFERENCE IS GIVEN IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ORDINANCE.
WE ARE A DRUG FREE EMPLOYER. CANDIDATES MUST PASS A DRUG SCREEN & REMAIN DRUG FREE
Although an interview may be granted, this does not determine that the candidate fully meets the qualifications until it is determined by the interview team.