- Date Posted: December 27, 2021
- Location: , Key West, FL
- Company: Margaritaville
- Job Type: Full or Part Time
- Salary: $6.98/hour plus tips
- Housing Offered: No
- Experience: 1–2 yrs
- Website: www.margaritaville.com
Margaritaville and Landshark is a warm and inviting place where people from all walks of life come together to create paradise. We offer an exciting employment experience where creating and delivering fun and escapism for our guests is the goal we seek to exceed every day.
We are one of the top employers due to our competitive wages, benefits packages, and the opportunity to advance your career and be part of the team. 90% of our team members say “I Love My Job” and 92% say they are proud to work for Margaritaville and Landshark.
Responsible for the day-to-day operation of a specific bar, providing service to both external and internal guests by performing the following duties:
- Prepares and serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for guests and for staff to serve to guests.
- Verifies all guests that purchase alcohol are at least 21 years of age.
- Follows all established recipes and procedures in beverage preparation.
- Possesses full knowledge of food and beverage products served and utilizes suggestive selling techniques.
- Takes orders and delivers food and beverage in a timely manner.
- Operates point-of-sale system with high level of efficiency and handles large amounts of currency.
- Practices proper cash handling procedures by addressing the point-of-sale system after every transaction, properly organizing money, counting change back to guests, and following appropriate checkout procedures.
- Tracks items that were spilled or wasted.
- Assists with stocking the bars initially with liquor, beer, wine, juices, mixes, glassware, utensils, cocktail napkins, fresh – cut fruit, garnishes, etc.
- Conducts inventory of all liquor and bar related supplies.
- Ensures guests receive immediate, friendly, and personalized service to build their intent to return.
- Maintains satisfaction by answering questions thoroughly, handling complaints or directing them to a manager, and providing specific item suggestions and information about the establishment.
- Follows proper ordering procedures to maintain appropriate par levels of all bar related products.
- Maintains high-level of knowledge regarding the company’s products and happenings, and communicates properly to guests; establishes rapport with all guests through name recognition.
- adheres to responsible alcohol service established by company policy.
Understands and utilizes all safety and sanitation practices as defined in the safety program and reports any accidents to management.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or determined by management or supervisors and moves with a sense of urgency.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures as established in the Staff Member Handbook.
One to three years experience as a bartender required (high-volume environment preferred); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Health permit/food safety and alcohol awareness certification; staff member is required to obtain cards individually and provide proof of possession prior to first day of employment