- Date Posted: December 18, 2022
- Location: Lutsen, Minnesota
- Salary: $16 - $17 / hour
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: http://www.cascadelodgemn.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (218) 387-1112
Looking for a seasoned, guest and detail oriented front desk receptionist.
Affordable employee housing available.
Works AM or PM front desk shifts to ensure highest standards for reservations, arrivals, departures, daily auditing, and guest service. The ideal candidate will be positive, energetic and knowledgeable of lodging operations. Must be hands on in all aspects of the day to day operation with the focus on excellent customer service and exceptional guest experience. Must have flexible schedule and able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Comfortable working with property management system; taking reservations, managing reservations and open inventory.
- Comfortable speaking with guests over the phone and via email.
- Comfortable learning quickly about the property, the area, and activities nearby.
- Skilled in cash management and daily auditing process.
- Ensures that all areas of the property are ready for guests’ arrival.
- Maintains clean and organized workspace at the office and front desk.
- Brews coffee, daily set up/break down of coffee and tea station.
- Anticipates and assesses guests’ needs and responds in a courteous and professional manner. At times serves as night MOD/caretaker, answers phone calls, and assists guests with minor issues after business hours.
- Responds to emails, answers phone calls, monitors, and manages reservations, front desk shifts are part of this job.
- Works with the front desk team on matters pertaining to guest reservations, front desk shifts are part of this job.
- Keeps accurate maintenance logs, promptly reports major maintenance issues to the maintenance technician.
- Inspects rooms and all common areas on a daily basis and promptly addresses any and all issues that may be present.
- Re-stocks retail area, manages retail sales.
- Shovels snow from the office front steps.
- Waters flowers and plants in the lobby.
- Prepares accurate and timely reports as required.
- Keeps up to date on overall activities, identifying problem areas, and taking corrective actions.
- The front desk receptionist may also have marketing responsibilities online, via phone, and in person, such as responding to online reviews.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- 2+ years related experience or equivalent
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Ability to work with all levels of management and subordinates
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions
- Ability to perform the physical labor necessary
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Continually required to stand
- Frequently required to walk
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Frequently required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
- Frequently required to lift/push/carry items up to 30 pounds
- Frequently work on their feet for 3-4 hours before a break
- Frequently exposed to outside weather conditions
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.