- Date Posted: September 13, 2023
- Location: Pendleton, Oregon
- Company: Wildhorse Resort and Casino
- Salary: $15 an Hour
Company ContactApply Online Now
Wildhorse Resort and Casino
Responsible for attractively preparing, cooking, and presenting food items. Following set recipes and menu specifications. Always placing customers and safe food handling first. May work in any food outlet depending on business needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensures customer satisfaction through prompt, efficient, and friendly service.
- Cleans and organizes.
- Creates meals according to menu and recipe as set by the Executive Chef.
- Ensures that all food items are handled and cooked (if applicable) in a wholesome manner.
- Constantly maintains the kitchen and supply room in a sanitary and orderly fashion.
- Informs the supervisor of any kitchen problems.
- When needed, may assist with inventory, ordering, putting freight away, and/or cleaning.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, stressful environment and accomplishes tasks promptly.
- Complies with regulatory laws, employee handbook, department policy and procedures, safety codes, etc.
- Promotes a clean, safe, and healthy work environment for employees and guests. Promptly reports all concerns to the supervisor.
- Ensures that the operation of equipment, tools, and materials is handled safely.
- Promotes internal guest service standards through courteous and respectful behavior.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
PROMOTE WRC QUALITY SERVICE STANDARDS:
SAFETY: Ensuring a safe experience by protecting the welfare of all.
INTEGRITY: Expecting personal accountability at every level.
COURTESY: Creating an exceptional customer service experience for everyone.
TEAM: Functioning together to create a cooperative and positive experience.
SHOW: Providing flawless experience –a clean and cared-for resort.
ACCESS TO SENSITIVE AREAS:
- Functionally literate: to read and follow written recipes/procedures.
- Licensed/certified as a food handler or completes within 30 days of employment.
- Frequently stand and/or walk for long periods; perform repetitive motions with wrists, hands, and fingers; occasionally lift and maneuver 50 lbs.
- Effective communications skills – to provide instruction, responds to questions, and has exceptional interpersonal skills and abilities.
- Available to work all hours, shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Exhibits a professional demeanor through appearance and by maintaining a positive attitude toward all employees and guests.
- Requires a criminal history clearance check.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Culinary II – Has a good working knowledge of professional kitchen, equipment, and food products.
- Culinary II – Three (3) months of hot food cooking experience.
- Culinary I – Maintains effective communication with front/back of house staff on guest service needs/orders.
- Culinary I – One-year hot food cooking experience or culinary school. Supervisory preferred.
- Culinary I – Understanding of cooking meats, fish, poultry, vegetables, and grains using different methods.
Licenses & Certifications
- Non Gaming Badge