The Resort at Paws Up
The role of the Butcher is to oversee, handle, inspect, and process the meat cuts and charcuterie program.
This is an opportunity to grow your career in the Culinary field. Applicants should be responsible, energetic and above all positive. You will not only learn from our core team, though also talented Chefs visiting from across the nation. Previous Butcher experience is required.
- Use all knives and power equipment per safety procedures and maintain a safe and clean working environment to ensure compliance across state, federal and OSHA safety and sanitation regulations.
- Work closely with the Culinary Team in progressing the charcuterie program.
- Receive, inspect and store meat appropriately upon delivery.
- Consistently create stocks and sauces.
- Cut, debone and/or grind pieces of meat.
- Prepare and cook meat according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards and food preparation checklist.
- Adhere to strict quality control standards.
- Keep inventory of meat and order meat supplies.
- Clean equipment and work areas to maintain health and sanitation standards.
- Have knowledge of all kitchen equipment, including convection ovens, stoves, grills, fryers, etc.
- Consult with the Executive Sous Chef daily on the restaurant outlet service.
- Stock and rotate food; alert the Sous Chef regarding low inventory items.
- Control the pace of the food orders and set the tone for the ticket flowing process.
- Label, date, store and rotate all products while maintaining assigned stock levels; control food items
- requested, ensuring stock is maintained without over production.
- Actively involved in the set-up and break down of the butcher station.
- High school diploma, GED or vocational training or job-related course work
- Certificate in Culinary Arts or relevant field
- 2+ years of experience in the Culinary field as a Line Cook
- 2+ years of experience as a Butcher, with a thorough understanding of high-volume Butcher operations
- Knowledge of meat, poultry and fish specifications and preparation
- Knowledge of Butcher shop equipment and tools
- Knowledge of world class hospitality and service
- Valid driver’s license with ability to meet company driving policy
The position offered is seasonal located in Greenough, Montana. The Resort at Paws Up offers great benefits including shuttle opportunities from Missoula, carpool reimbursement, free lunches, employee discounts and more!
Interested candidates can apply via their website here: https://www.pawsup.com/careers
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden