Navitat Canopy Adventures
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2021 SEASON
Spend 2021 working outside in the trees with a world class team in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains! We are seeking enthusiastic and adventurous guides for the 2021 season.
All candidates must share our philosophy of sustainable practices, and our focus on excellence and safety. Applicants must have a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and good communication skills.
Adventure Guides are classified as part-time seasonal employees. Navitat’s season will begin March 6, 2021 and end November 30, 2021.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Provides excellent customer service to all guests of Navitat Canopy Adventures
- Ensures all course operations are conducted in accordance with Navitat Canopy Adventures safety standards
- Adheres to all policies and procedures set by Navitat Canopy Adventures
- Supervises the progress of an assigned participant group in conjunction with another guide
- Provides a narrative for tour guests about local ecology and history
- Completes an inspection of all course components and of all course gear daily
- Fits harnesses and helmets correctly and supervises the use of all personal safety equipment
- Conducts participant orientation and pre-screening
- Assists with course and site maintenance efforts as needed
- Attends ongoing training throughout the season
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Guiding experience in adventure tours preferred
- Has a strong understanding of local ecology and history
- Must pass initial guide training
- Must pass a monthly skills assessment
- Current First Aid and CPR certifications or Wilderness First Responder preferred
- Must have strong risk management experience
- Ability to communicate and work as an effective team member
- Ability to work long hours and irregular shifts in a multi task environment
- Speaks fluent English and uses cordial manners
For more information on this opportunity, and to apply, visit link below:
PLEASE DO NOT CALL – WE WILL CONTACT YOU VIA PHONE OR EMAIL AFTER REVIEWING YOUR RESUME.