Shenandoah National Park (via Delaware North)
Delaware North Parks and Resorts is hiring for a Wrangler to join our team at Shenandoah National Park in Luray, Virginia. As a Recreation Attendant, you will support the team at Skyland lodging in planning and coordinating activities for our guests.
Wranglers at Shenandoah start at $9.50/hour! We offer great perks for our Shenandoah associates: • FREE onsite housing. • FREE shift meal. • $500 Sign-on bonus (paid after 90 days). • $150 per month season completion bonus. Earn up to $1550 extra!
- Organize horseback riding and other recreation activities for guests staying at Skyland lodging.
- Lead up to six 1-hour trail rides each shift
- Assist and attend to any queries guests may have about their planned horseback riding journey.
- Groom, feed, tack and care for horses.
- Maintain the proper sanitation and safety procedures in the working environment, inluding sanitizing equipment and tack
- Provide directions to local attractions within the National Park to guests.
- Follow company policies and procedures to ensure guests are safe and receive high quality service.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Proficiency in riding and handling horses required.
- Experience grooming, and feeding horses required, and maintaining equipment preferred.
- Previous customer service and/or guest experience required.
- Strong communication skills; ability to communicate with guests and co-workers in-person, and over the phone.
- Excellent computer skills, basic math skills and an ability to read and follow maps required.
- Previous cash handling and POS experience required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. frequently.
- Ability to stand and ride horses for entire length of shift.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs frequently.
- Frequent bending, reaching, climbing on step stools.
- Ability to work outside for most of shift in all weather conditions.
For more information, and to apply, click link and complete application.
Who We Are:
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen – share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Email Address Hidden