- Date Posted: June 1, 2021
- Location: , Lampe, MO
- Company: Dogwood Canyon Nature Park
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: BOE
- Housing Offered: No
- Email: Apply through link
Dogwood Canyon Nature Park
Dogwood Canyon is currently seeking a WRANGLER to join the team! This individual will prepare and handle horses and stables for trail rides, occasional chuck wagon cookouts, wagon rides; to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for guests engaged in Stables activities; and to maintain a clean and healthy environment for the animals.
- Perform stables duties with a minimum of supervision.
- Perform all duties in a safe and enjoyable manner interacting with the Guest(s).
- Work within schedule and guidelines set by Stables and Dogwood Canyon Management.
- Adhere to all rules and regulations established in Dogwood Canyon standard operation procedure manual.
- Must be highly service focused with a desire to engage with guests, with exceptional customer service.
- Be knowledgeable about Dogwood Canyon and its history.
- Feed, give health care, and saddle trail horses
- Drive a carriage or wagon for special occasions
- Lead and conduct a safe, enjoyable trail ride for guests.
- Perform all stall cleaning duties as required.
- Be an experienced rider and able to teach others to ride.
- Maintain current information on Stables schedules, activity prices and be able to inform guests.
- Be able and willing to work in harmony with all departments and Dogwood Canyon guests.
- Assist in keeping Stables areas, tack and livestock as neat and clean as possible.
- Be able to lift up to 75 lbs. on a regular basis and work in hot/cold weather conditions.
- Walk/Lead Pony/Horse Rides.
- Must adhere to all company/department safety standards and policies.
- Must be open to working mandatory/approved overtime.
- Must be open to working weekends/weekdays/nights when necessary/critical to support the business.
- Must be able to cover shifts at affiliate Conservation Attraction properties.
- Must have an approved driving record and operate a company vehicle if required/applicable.
- Perform other duties as required.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education:
- Requires walking / standing; lifting, stooping, forward bending, crouching and sitting
- Any combination of experience, education, skills, certification(s) etc. will be taken into consideration
- Must be able to work in an environment with exposure to sunlight, various animals, weather, loud sounds, low lighting, close quarters, high/low temperatures, etc.
For additional information, and to apply, visit here: http://www.dogwoodcanyon.org/Page/Employment-and-Volunteering.aspx
About Dogwood Canyon:
The purposes of the Dogwood Canyon Foundation are to promote natural conservation, and to protect the natural environment and its wildlife and plant life by acquiring and maintaining ecologically significant, undeveloped land to benefit the general public. To achieve its purpose, the Foundation owns, operates and maintains Dogwood Canyon Nature Park.