- Date Posted: March 17, 2022
- Location: Philipsburg, Montana
- Job Type: Full Time
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: http://www.theranchatrockcreek.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (877) 786-1545
Outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy the opportunity to work at the world’s first Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star guest ranch and glamping destination. The Ranch at Rock Creek offers year-round unique vacations on an authentic 19th-century homestead. Luxury service is provided with genuine warmth and hospitality.
As a Relais & Châteaux property, we’ve spent the last eight years expanding the frontiers of luxury travel with our one-of-a-kind accommodations, extensive amenities, inventive cuisine, access to over 20 guided outdoor activities, and a renowned full-service spa.
Our Ranch is located 20 miles from Philipsburg, MT, approximately halfway between Missoula, MT, and Butte, MT. Families, couples, and friends will discover that The Ranch at Rock Creek is unparalleled among Montana vacation ranches. It’s a place that offers the feel of the legendary West without sacrificing true comfort.
Shared housing is available at $5-$8/day.
Basic breakfast items are provided (milk, cereal, toast, bagels, etc), and staff lunch is provided daily. Onsite laundry facilities and gym equipment are available. We offer opportunities to participate in Ranch activities as well as our location is a great home base for exploring what Montana has to offer.
Please see the full Job Description on our website.
Brief Duties Summary:
- barn/herd maintenance
- Guest service: taking guests on trail rides, providing guests with a fun and safe horse experience
- participating in weekly rodeos and events
- be able to provide Barn Manager with a short riding video during the interview process
- have at least 5+ years of consistent horse riding experience
- Western riding experience
- able to lift 30-50 lbs regularly
- previous guiding experience in a similar setting
- able to fulfill an April/May-end of October contract (all summer only roles have been filled)
- prior experience with draft horses and driving a wagon
- prior experience in basic herd health maintenance
- individuals able to contribute to other areas of our operation