- Date Posted: July 19, 2022
- Location: Jackson Hole, Wyoming
- Company: Spotted Horse Ranch
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $1,500 / month + tips
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: http://www.spottedhorseranch.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (307) 733-2097
Wrangler Schedule and Job Duties
$1,500.00 monthly, w/$333.00 monthly bonus, payable at end of contracted employment timeframe. Cabin, meals, activities, and guest tips are also included.
Monday …… 5:30 am wrangle; ride at 9am, ride at 2pm; fishing guides needed for 2:00 casting lessons (check signup sheet)
Tuesday …… 5:30 am wrangle; ride at 9am, ride at 2pm;
Wednesday .. 5:30 am wrangle all day ride leaving at 9:30am; 2 wranglers will escort to Rodeo that night at 7pm (rotate wranglers weekly)
Thursday …. No am wrangle horses day off
2 wranglers drive guests to Astoria Hot Springs at 8:45am
2 wranglers escort to rafting 12:30-2:30 on (rotate wranglers weekly)
Must attend Thursday night cookouts
Friday …….. 5:30 am wrangle; ride at 9am, ride at 2pm
Saturday ….. 5:30 am wrangle; ride at 9am, ride at 2pm
Sunday ……. Wranglers’ Day Off/ Horses Day Off
Sunday rides begin August 20 and wranglers rotate different days off
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday are normal wrangle mornings. Have the horses in before breakfast (7:30 am for employees; 8:00 for guests). Immediately after breakfast, meet down at the barn for a daily team meeting to start the day.
All horses are to be saddled by 8:30 am at the latest; the guests are to be on their way by 9:00 am. On Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays, the rides will come in no earlier than 11:00 am unless the guest specifies a shorter ride.
Lunch break every day from 12:00 to 1:00pm. Check cinches, walk the horses down to the river to get a drink, and put head stalls back on horses. Ride to go out at 2:00 pm. Ride to be back at corral no earlier than 4:00 pm unless the guest specifies a shorter ride.
Unsaddle your group’s horses and put tack in the barn, if you are the first group in, tidy up barn and the corral area.
After all rides are in, 1 wrangler will run the horses out on the next day wrangle horse.
Wednesday is the all day ride. The separate groups will meet one wrangler for lunch at a designated spot. The wrangler “cook” is responsible for getting all the food, cooking gear, grate, etc. ready to be packed to leave shortly after the rides go out. This ride leaves at 9:30 am and is to be back at 3:30 pm.
- Wranglers will be in the saddle at 5:30 am (2 wranglers to be rotated daily)
- Horses will be in the corrals and all wranglers will be at breakfast by 7:30 am
- Barn area will be kept clean and orderly (including all corrals and stalls)
- Employees staying in the wranglers’ cabins will keep the porch clean and picked up
- Personal vehicles will be parked behind the barn (as well as ranch vehicles)
- All manure will be picked up along road and over the bridge nightly
- Wrangle horses fed nightly (30 lbs per horse) 3% of horse’s weight
- Shut all doors and turn off lights
- Tools and equipment will be put back after each use
- On days when not all wranglers are on rides, we will be doing general ranch maintenance (i.e.: fencing, tack repair, vehicle maintenance, irrigation . . . )
- Trips to town are not to be made unless approved by Kevin
- All wranglers are required to attend Thursday night cookouts
- Ranch or personal vehicles/carts will not be used for personal transportation on the ranch
- Tend to injured horses as needed
- All wranglers will wear a collared western style shirt, cowboy hat and heeled boots.