- Date Posted: January 16, 2022
- Location: Hill City, South Dakota
- Company: Palmer Gulch Stables
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $10 / hour + tips
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: 1–2 yrs
- Website: http://www.ridesouthdakota.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (850) 426-1950
Spend the summer horseback in the mountains of western South Dakota just 5 miles from Mt Rushmore National Park!
PROFESSIONAL WRANGLER: We are looking for individuals with leadership qualities. We will provide training for this job. This position is seasonal/full-time.
- Will work directly with owners in the day-to-day operation of this barn.
- Manage 100 head of horses; their health, attitude, gear, feed, feet, and safety.
- Supervise and maintain an organized, clean, barn and workplace.
- This is a riding job, and each wrangler spends roughly 6 hours a day in the saddle with the remainder of the day spent dealing with all the usual horse-related duties from feeding, grooming, equine first aid, as well as instructing trail riders.
- Wranglers work 40 to 55 hours a week and are paid $10.00 per hour plus tips (tips typically add 3$ to 8$ per hour).
Applicants must be confident horsemen, good leaders, hard workers, and fun-loving!
A staff bunkhouse is provided, including a full kitchen which is shared by all the wranglers. Palmer Gulch Stables has a rich history in the Black Hills, and our rides are pre-booked and sold out on a daily basis.