Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort
Job Description: The Water-sports/Scuba Manager is responsible for the organization, management and supervision of the Water-Sports/Scuba department including the training of colleagues, manpower utilization, budget preparation, forecasts and Water Sports and Scuba promotional activities.
- Attends meetings and workshops as required.
- Conducts communication meetings as and when required.
- Hold daily briefings to discuss business on the books with the entire Water Sports and Scuba team
- Walkthrough the Water Sports and Scuba area in the morning and observes and takes corrective action on deficiencies jointly with the responsible colleague(s) as required. Frequent inspection of the area should be done throughout the course of the day to ascertain a smooth operation.
- Ensures that the necessary precaution for any water sports/diving activity in order to guarantee the safety and enjoyment of the guests, be it in water, ashore or on the dive boat.
- Coordination of scuba activities together with the instructor (s) and Dive Master(s).
- Coordination of PADI Courses and Resort Courses with the Instructor(s).
- Ensures and supervises proper maintenance and storage of all Water-sports and Scuba equipment, so that they are in proper working condition.
- Identifies service need of Water-sports/Scuba equipment and supervises or ensure the necessary repairs are done.
- Identifies the training needs, sets up and monitors training sessions as per plan and in accordance with the company’s training standards. Works closely with the Training and Development Manager.
- Recognize and encourage good performance in the interest of staff development and growth.
- Monitors colleagues’ appearance and hygiene as per standard.
- Inspects cleanliness of the Water-sports and Scuba area including storage area and condition of equipment.
- Applies cost consciousness in executing work in regards to equipment, supplies, repairs and man-power
- Takes an active part in monitoring the guest experience and takes the necessary effective action to resolve problems.
- Monitoring daily sale activities, prepare monthly financial variance report and develop an annual budget for the department.
- Coordinates the activities of the Water-sports/Scuba department with other operating departments specifically as it relates to upselling the water-sports/scuba department services, special offers and packages.
- Perform all tasks in a manner that gives the highest priority to the guest welfare and safety at all times.
- Performs any other tasks as directed by the resort manager or representative thereof.
- Degree/comparable qualifications in Recreation Studies from a recognizable educational institution
- Coastal Boat Captain license
- PADI Certification
- Minimum five years management experience as a Senior Water Sports/Scuba Instructor/Manager within an international hotel chain/luxury property would be preferred
- Excellent English Language skills
- At least one additional foreign language skill will be an asset
- Trustworthy and honest
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Computer literate – Proficient in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Publisher
- Hard working and willing to work flexible hours
- Energetic and quality driven
- Ability to instruct and have sufficient knowledge in several areas of water sports and scuba
- Strong knowledge in equipment handling and care to include knowledge of speed boat and basic maintenance
For full job description, and to apply, visit link below:
More on Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort here:
Apply via link