- Date Posted: November 7, 2023
- Location: Athens, Ohio
- Company: Ohio University
- Salary: From $13.87 an hour
Company ContactApply Online Now
- Under close supervision, performs unskilled tasks requiring manual labor on related equipment.
- Adheres to all OSHA and/or Ohio University required safety guidelines.
- Performs general labor indoors (e.g., shovels coal, moves furniture, sets up chairs, tables, stages, and platforms; performs custodial duties such as sweeping, mopping and waxing floors, cleaning windows and walls following either Level 1 or Level 2 clean/sanitize/disinfect guidelines as directed).
- Performs general labor outdoors (e.g., shovels snow, loads and unloads trucks, mows grass, cuts weeds, hauls trash, repairs fence, digs holes, and ditches).
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Ability to carry out instructions, understand oral instruction.
- Cooperate with co-workers on group projects.
- Knowledge of methods, materials and equipment used in sanitation and safety areas of dining, residential, academic, and administrative units.
- Ability to carry out instructions in written, oral, and pictorial form.
- Ability to read and write common vocabulary in sentence structure;
- Ability to add subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, calculate fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Ability to apply principles and solve practical problems to mix cleaning compounds and follow safety procedures.
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Effectively use a 15 foot ladder
- Successful completion of a test may be required
- May work in cramped and dirty conditions
- May work outside under all weather conditions; and work with potentially dangerous equipment and chemicals.
- During Level 2 working conditions will be required to wear designated PPE up to and including full body suit, appropriate mask, etc.
- Established pattern of good work habits and performance with good interpersonal skills.
Ohio University is committed to creating a respectful and inclusive educational and workplace environment. Ohio University is an equal access/equal opportunity and affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. Women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $13.87 per hour
Expected hours: 40 per week
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person