NANA Management Services
Built on a culture of safety and integrity, NMS delivers award-winning support services to a variety of clients every day. Our clients have peace of mind, knowing that we are committed to delivering best-in-class service. NMS brings creativity, technology, and experience to every project.
The Regional Registered Dietitian supports food and nutrition services and a robust traditional foods initiative within hospitals, long term care and assisted living and some school accounts. Support is all over Alaska and some travel in the lower 48. This position also spends 10-12 hours a week doing clinical patient assessments in a behavioral health facility.
Note: The Regional Registered Dietitian will be based out of Anchorage, Alaska and will support multiple NMS healthcare facilities and requires regular, scheduled, travel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides a broad array of support to the General Managers within our contracted facilities, including hospitals, long term care, assisted living and university accounts.
- Takes the lead role in the company traditional foods initiative, working with unit managers, clients and community on educating and training.
- Consults with health care personnel to determine nutritional needs and diet restrictions, such as low fat or salt free, of patients in a behavioral health setting.
- Utilizes healthcare menu programs and works with unit managers to ensure compliance with menu systems.
- Provides QA audits to managers to insure regulatory, contract and company compliance is met.
- Works closely with managers on our electronic menu program. This includes data entry, programming in the menu system and working with our third-party vendor on updates.
- May produce or provide training for managers and/or employees on assigned contracts.
- Travel to units outside of Anchorage is expected quarterly and as needed.
- Will participate on the project team for any new healthcare contracts NMS bids or obtains. This will involve providing information for the RFP process, review of the RFP or participation in meetings related to the RFP. Will also participate and provide subject matter expertise for the startup of any new healthcare contracts.
- Other duties that are pertinent to the department or unit’s success also may be assigned.
- A Registered Dietitian with a valid/current license; Alaska license preferred.
- Must possess at least two (2) years of working experience as a Registered Dietitian.
- Must be able to maintain a professional standard of ethics and professional dietary practices.
- Consult with health care personnel to determine nutritional needs and diet restrictions, such as low fat or salt free, of patients in a behavioral health setting.
- Observe confidentiality regulations established by the healthcare facility.
- Knowledge of effective teaching processes and principles in planning, providing and evaluating optimum health care.
- Experience, training, and knowledge in physical health education with ability to set up and facilitate health promotion classes and programs is preferred.
- Proficient skill set with Microsoft Suite applications.
- Valid Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record for the past three (3) years to be eligible under the NMS vehicle insurance policy.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Project Oversight & Management
- Must be able to perform each of the essential duties listed above with a professional degree of competency.
- Proven success at managing multiple tasks, projects, and subordinates.
- Proficiency in planning and organization in a high volume fast paced kitchen.
- Demonstrated understanding of profit attainment and profit growth.
- Demonstrated positive leadership values by treating all employees with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrated strong ability to lead, build diverse teams and oversee training.
- Personal maturity and poise; the ability to remain composed under pressure, to make sound decisions, and to manage diversity.
- Personal drive and energy — a liking of challenges and opportunities to innovate.
- Working knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Strong communication skills, in both written and verbal forms.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Weather: Indoors; environmentally controlled; requires most or all work to be done inside.
Noise level: Moderate.
Description of environment: This is an office environment located in an industrial kitchen in a healthcare setting.
Physical requirements: Employee is required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk/hear, see, taste/smell, and carry weight/lift.
Travel: Employee may travel up to 30 percent to various locations within the U.S. and/or remote locations and may be required to use alternative modes of transportation, including but not limited to snow machines, boats, small airplanes and ATVs. Travel is coordinated by NMS.
- NMS Core Values
- Safety guides our behavior.
- Honesty and integrity govern our activities.
- Commitments made will be fulfilled.
- All individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
- The environment will be protected and sustained.
- Required Language
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Shareholder Preference
NMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran protected status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. NANA grants employment preference to shareholders of NANA and their spouses and descendants to the extent allowed by law.
It is NMS policy to conduct background checks, drug testing and a physical assessment, as applicable, once an offer has been accepted, in accordance with company and/or contract requirements.
Accommodation Request: If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or via email. In order to appropriately assist you with an accommodation, we ask that you please specify the assistance needed in order to access our jobsite and post for a position. The dedicated email and telephonic options are listed below and are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance.
To request an accommodation by telephone, contact us at: 1-800-478-2000
For more information about NANA Management Services, see www.nmsusa.com
Email Address Hidden