- Date Posted: December 11, 2021
- Location: Groton, Massachusetts
- Company: Nature's Classroom
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $90/day
- Experience: No experience required
- Website: https://www.naturesclassrooms.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (603) 539-8053
Nature’s Classroom’s “Nature on Wheels” program is looking for traveling Outdoor Educators for our Spring 2022 season. APPLY NOW if you’re interested in working with kids, being outside, traveling all over New England, and living with a fantastic team of Outdoor Educators!
For years, Nature’s Classroom has been running residential Outdoor Education programs throughout New England and New York. When the pandemic hit, we had to pause our overnight programs, but we still wanted to provide students with amazing outdoor experiences. So we’ve packed up our supplies and are hitting the road to bring our program to schools!
What We Do
Our at-school program, called Nature on Wheels (NOW), is a fun and safe way to get students learning out in nature and engaging with one another again. Even when they have to stay socially distanced. During the school week, we drive out to the schools and provide single or multi-day programs for Kindergarten-8th grade students. As an instructor, you would be responsible for working with a field group of 10-14 students and teaching fantastic classes such as wilderness survival, team building, nature hiking, science experiments, and many more! We are looking for passionate educators ready to help make a difference in these students’ lives. We cannot wait to work with you this spring!
Safety is our number one priority and we have taken steps to reduce exposure to staff, students, and school teachers.
Our activities have been adapted to be done 100% outside, conducted with masks, and following social distancing guidelines.
Dates of Employment
Late March- June 10th
- Seasonal housing in Massachusetts will be made available for instructors
- Temporary housing (hotel, airbnb, or cabin at a host site) will also be made available when working with a school that is far from your location.
- A food budget will be provided for each day working with a school.
Desired Experience and Qualifications
- Experience working with elementary and middle school students (especially in an outdoor setting).
- Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19
- Must be 21 yrs or older
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
- Ability to walk/ hike 3-5 miles per day
- Ability to travel to schools throughout New England and eastern New York.
- Ability to work as part of a team of fantastic outdoor educators.
- A passion for outdoor education!