- Date Posted: January 7, 2022
- Location: , San Francisco,California
- Company: Crested Butte Mountain Resort
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: Competitive
- Housing Offered: No
- Experience: 1–2 yrs
- Website: http://www.incadventures.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (415) 642-7378
Crested Butte Mountain Resort
About Incredible Adventures: Incredible Adventures is an environmentally-conscious outdoor travel company based in San Francisco that offers small group tours in the Bay area and beyond ‚Äì we specialize in Yosemite National Park, Muir Woods, Napa Valley, Sonoma Valley, the California coast, and Lake Tahoe!
About our Team: We are an adventurous group that thrives on being in a casual and laid-back workplace that offsets our challenging and dynamic jobs. We love to travel and we are all huge advocates of preserving our natural resources through green business practices. All of our vehicles run on petroleum-free biofuels and have a limited impact on the environment (Incredible Adventures is a certified SF Green Business).
TOUR GUIDE POSITION: Incredible Adventures is looking for reliable, safety-driven, organized individuals with a desire for adventure. Guides should have a customer-service oriented disposition, fun, and outgoing attitude, and enjoy interacting with people from all over the country and the world. Experience is a plus, but not required. Safe driving skills are a must. Tour Guides will need to acquire a California Commercial Drivers License with a Passenger Endorsement. Training for the CDL will be provided during a 2-week training course in the spring.
On single-day trips, Guides will pick-up and drop-off passengers at San Francisco hotels and provide informational narrative during the entire tour. On multi-day adventures, Guides will arrange daily logistics, outdoor and evening activities, sightseeing excursions, and teach sustainable travel, camping etiquette, and cooking skills.
Compensation: Wages are per trip, with daily rates for experienced guides/drivers ranging from $170-$300, plus gratuity. Wages for overnight, multi-day tours are per trip and range from $275-$1350, plus gratuity. Our experienced guides can bring home more than $400 a day, including gratuity.
- Must be at least 23 years of age
- Must possess a valid Commercial Driver‚Äôs License, Class B or C with passenger endorsement of 16+
- Great communication skills
- High energy and excellent people skills
- Must be a safe, courteous driver
- Required to participate in state and federally regulated drug and alcohol program which includes a pre-employment drug screen
- Ability to obtain First Aid/CPR certificate
- As the flow of tourism dictates our business, we ask that you are available to work weekends and holidays as needed
**Note: If asked to interview, applicants will be asked to provide a DMV record, form H-6 for CA commercial driver‚Äôs (10-year motor vehicle record).