- Date Posted: March 16, 2022
- Location: Glacier Park, Montana
- Company: Xanterra Glacier National Park Lodges
- Job Type: Full Time
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: http://www.glaciernationalparklodges.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (303) 600-3530
Positions start May – June 2022 and extend through mid- to late-September (dates depend on Location).
- Start Date: May – June, 2022
- Employment Type: Full Time, Seasonal (ideally full season or early/late season)
- Schedule: Varies – 40+ hours per week.
- Perks include:
- On-site meals (cafeteria style) and lodging (dormitory-style or RV site)
- Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth) and laundry facilities provided
- Free seasonal Glacier National Park pass
- Free Red Bus Tours (as available)
- Exclusive Retail and Dining discounts in Glacier
- The adventure of a lifetime!!
A day in the life of the Red Bus Tour Driver
- Operate equipment in a safe and proper operation all weather conditions.
- Maintain professionalism while working outdoors in extreme weather and during vehicle break-downs.
- Lead guided walks up to a mile or longer in length.
- Complete all required reports in a prompt and accurate manner.
- Responsible for a clean and neat appearance in the prescribed uniform.
- Responsible for cleaning, fueling and ensuring vehicle is safe before and after each shift.
- Must accurately complete all daily DOT paperwork and reports each shift and file them according to policy.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
Our Red Bus Tour Drivers must be knowledgeable and courteous in giving interpretive commentary of Park features and history; and have strong reading and comprehensive skills to research tour information. Drivers must have the ability to communicate effectively, through oral presentation, an accurate and informative narrative of the park. This position must practice courteous guest service while keeping tours on a time schedule, and remaining punctual. As a Driver, this position may drive up to 10 hours driving (15 hours total work) on various types of road conditions.
- Be able to Possess a valid U.S. CDL Driver’s License, training is provided.
- Must meet all DOT physical requirements and pass a DOT physical exam including a pre-employment drug screen and federally required random screens throughout the season, and comply with the Xanterra Driver Safety Program and Policy.
- Able to walk up to a mile several times each day at elevations ranging from 3,500 feet to 6,700 feet above sea level.
- Simultaneously steer a vehicle, shift its transmission, operate accelerator and brake pedals, and give commentary while driving in heavy traffic.
- Able to bend, twist, and lift up to 50 lbs. simultaneously and repeatedly.
- Withstand up to 10 hours of consecutive driving on rough and/or icy roads.
- Able to work outdoors in variable weather (including rain, sleet, snow, direct sunlight, high winds, and temperatures ranging from 0 to +100 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Drivers must be at least 21 years of age.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.