- Date Posted: September 13, 2023
- Location: Anchorage, Alaska
- Company: Hilltop Ski Area
- Salary: $18.00 - $23.00 / Hour
- Housing Offered: Yes
Company ContactApply Online Now
Hilltop Ski Area
Supervises ticket office and retail store selling ski, snowboard, and bike related lines of merchandise by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate employees. Directly supervises 5-8 employees in the Ticket Office. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training Ticket Office employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising. performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing customer complaints and resolving problems. Duties also include maintaining tickets products for point of sale (POS) software, ticket pricing, and product availability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Participates in interviewing job applicants and conducts orientation of new employees. Plans and prepares work schedules and assigns employees to specific duties.
- Formulates pricing policies on merchandise according to requirements for profitability of store operations.
- Coordinates sales promotion activities and prepares or directs workers preparing merchandise displays and advertising.
- Supervises employees engaged in sales work; taking of inventories; reconciling cash with sales receipts; keeping operating records and preparing daily record of transactions for Accounting Clerk; or performs work of subordinates, as needed.
- Assists in ordering merchandise or prepares requisitions to replenish merchandise on hand. Manages and counts retail inventory monthly.
- Ensures compliance of employees with established security, sales and record-keeping procedures and practices.
- Answers customer’s complaints or inquiries.
- Interprets and communicates operating policies.
- Operates computer to access e-mail, electronic calendars, and other basic office support software. Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook.
- The ability to learn POS software, Axess. Familiarization with the foundational working of a database system and processes.
- Maintains POS Axess system, ticket/tariff building & structuring, ticket sale promotions. Monitor RDIF (ticket) quantities, and reorder RDIF cards as needed.
- Able to work Nights, Weekends, and Holidays during the winter and summer season.
- Must be detail-oriented, highly organized and possess strong time management and customer service skills.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Three years of related management experience
- Must pass a pre-employment background check.
- Able to exchange non-routine information using tact and persuasion as appropriate.
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer Skills