- Date Posted: January 9, 2022
- Location: , Eleuthera, The Bahamas
- Company: Cape Eleuthera Island School
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: Based on experience
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: 1–2 yrs
- Website: http://www.ceibahamas.org/work-with-us
Cape Eleuthera Island School
We are searching for a mentor to work at The Cape Eleuthera Island School in the beautiful Bahamas!
The Cape Eleuthera Island School (CEIS), a not-for-profit organization based in The Bahamas, was founded to create and support transformational educational experiences with the mission of leadership effecting change, on the island of Eleuthera. The diverse CEIS educational initiatives, including our Island School Semester and Summer Term, our Deep Creek Middle School, our Early Learning Center, and our Community Outreach, deliver unique educational journeys in partnership with the authentic and meaningful work our organization undertakes in research, sustainable development and innovation at the Cape Eleuthera Institute. We are reimagining what education is for, and redesigning how education is delivered.
The Summer Term Mentor is responsible for facilitating the delivery of a high school semester program, developing and fostering meaningful relationships with students, while collaborating with other staff mentors to ensure a cohesive environment for all involved. The successful candidate will mentor Island School students for a six-week program. During this time, the Summer Term Mentor will facilitate morning exercise program, assist in supporting camping and kayaking expeditions, and conduct residential duty twice each week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as student advisor to 4-5 students: provide mentoring to each student
- Assist with the delivery of lessons whether in a classroom or expeditionary format when appropriate
- Conduct residential duty on rotating faculty duty schedule and contribute to evening activities
- Support expeditionary experiences
- Lead and support student activities such as morning exercise, chores and community events
- This is an overview of the position, but responsibilities are not limited to the above list
- Other duties as assigned