- Date Posted: September 13, 2023
- Location: Luthersville, Georgia
- Company: Girl Scouts Of Greater Atlanta Inc
Girl Scouts Of Greater Atlanta Inc
Do you believe every Girl Scout can change the world? Do you have nine weeks this summer to help us develop girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place? If so, we want you! Girl Scouts of Greater Atlanta has an amazing opportunity for you to spend your summer at Camp Meriwether, Camp Misty Mountain, or Camp Timber Ridge making lifelong friends and memories while mentoring Girl Scouts. Engage campers in activities such as hiking, archery, challenge course, swimming, horseback riding, STEAM and more! Depending on your role, you will leave camp with certifications in First Aid/CPR, USA Archery Level 1 Instructor, Lifeguard, and more!
Program Coordinators are responsible for providing leadership and supervision in specific program areas such as arts, STEM, leadership, high risk areas such as the challenge course, aquatics, or equestrian. They will support counselors with camper supervision, lead activities, and provide an exciting, fun, and memorable experience for all campers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in supervisor training prior to camp.
- Help plan, implement, and conduct staff training and orientation with Leadership Team.
- Supervise, guide, and evaluate counselors as it pertains to your leadership area.
- Coordinate activity development and activity plans of assigned program area that meet Girl Scout badge curriculum and that facilitate girl led programming
- Responsible for ensuring the highest standards of safety and quality programming in your assigned area.
- Be a role model for campers in words, deeds, and actions.
- Lead programs and activities with campers giving guidance and leadership.
- Manage supplies, submit supply requests, and work with other camp staff to obtain needed materials.
- Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of equipment in the assigned program area.
- Keep their supervisor informed of plans, problems and concerns pertinent to girls, staff, and program areas.
- May Live in cabins with participants as needed.
- Support other areas of camp as needed to ensure quality programming and smooth operation of all camp logistics.
- Assist in housekeeping, sanitation of assigned areas.
- Assist in the opening and closing of camp as directed.
- Work in a team with other counselors, program staff, and assistance staff around camp.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings on time and in uniform.
- Support and strengthen courage, confidence, and character in all campers and staff.
- Take precautions to ensure personal health.
- May be asked to travel among all GSGATL camps.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to evaluate performance and give feedback
- Experience working with children
- Maturity in problem solving and decision making
- Stamina is necessary to live in the camp setting which includes traverse rough and uneven terrain without assistance
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Ability to make decisions and act wisely in an emergency
- Sense of adventure and enthusiasm to motivate and coach campers and staff
- Preferred minimum age 21 with at least 2 years of camp counseling experience
- Must be able to complete & clear a Criminal and Sex Offender background check and have a clean Motor Vehicle Record.
Please email at [email protected] for more details or Call us at (800) 771-1139 for futher communication.