- Date Posted: April 15, 2022
- Location: Elbert, Colorado
- Company: McNeil Scout Ranch, Denver Area Council
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: $16-$20 per hour
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: 1-2 years
- Website: https://www.denverboyscouts.org/camps/
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (720) 266-2128
Full and Part-time positions available!
On-site housing and board available!
Assist with the daily preparation and serving of meals and snacks. Maintain cleanliness in the kitchen areas. Assist with serving proper portions of meals to campers.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist with the preparation of scheduled meals and snacks. Ensure meals are ready on time and prepared in proper quantities.
• Follow menus closely, making substitutions only when necessary or items are unavailable with the approval of the Kitchen Manager.
• Follow all approved recipes. Do not deviate from standard and approved recipes.
• Assist with food service paperwork. Assist with temperature logs.
• Maintain cleanliness of kitchen areas including coolers, freezers, dry storage, restrooms, ovens, dishwasher and all other parts of the kitchen. Ensure health standards are met or exceeded.
• Assist with the set up and take down of the food service areas. Assist in the set up and take down of all other camp facilities. Assist with the cleaning of all camp areas including restrooms and showers.
• Submit a “closing report” at the end of the season which includes inventories, daily duties and suggestions for improvement the following year.
• Other duties as assigned.
CERTIFICATIONS & REQUIRED TRAINING
• ServSafe Food Handler (Provided by the Council if needed)
• CPR, AED, First Aid, Prior to Start of Camp (Provided if Needed)
• Youth Protection (Online Prior to Camp)
• More training may be required as determined by Council Management
REQUIRED FOR THE JOB
• Must be able to read, speak and write the English language
• Must be able to lift 50lbs.
• Must be able to work outdoors at an elevation of 7,000+ feet above sea level in varying weather conditions
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be able to pass a background check from the TRAILS database, CBI and the FBI
• Must be able to become a member of the Boy Scouts of America
• Must have reliable transportation to and from the work site on assigned days and times in an area without public transportation or ride-share service.
• One year or season working in food service is required.
• Experience in a summer camp environment preferred but not required.