- Date Posted: April 20, 2022
- Location: Monmouth, Maine
- Job Type: Full Time
- Housing Offered: Yes
- Experience: Some experience required
- Website: http://www.kippewa.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (207) 933-2993
Camp Kippewa is looking for kind and hardworking individuals to help care for our campers whilst sharing a talent they are passionate about.
Prior experience working with children is wonderful! If you have skills in the following areas, be sure to let us know;
- Arts(Ceramics, Stained Glass, Jewelry, Woodwork, Videography, Dance)
- Sports(Tennis, Soccer, Basketball, Lacrosse, Gymnastics)
- Adventure(High Ropes, Archery, Trips)
- Waterfront(Waterskiing, Sailing, Swim, Windsurf, Canoe/Kayak)
- Equestrian(English Riding and Animal Care)
Camp Kippewa is a residential summer camp for girls ages 7-15 located on beautiful Lake Cobbesseeconte in Monmouth, Maine. Staff joins us for 10 weeks with campers attending one of the two 3.5-week sessions. We are known for our customized activity scheduling, supportive and warm atmosphere, top-notch activity instruction, and infectious enthusiasm!
Counselors are hired in a combination role as specialists and as bunk counselors. Counselors teach classes throughout the day as well as care for campers in a cabin setting.
- Travel stipend
- Bonus upon completion of your contract
- room and board – a cabin with 10-12 campers and staff
Note: We are happy to work with applicants looking to use this role for internship hours if approved by your college or university.
Kippewa carefully selects college-age people whom parents would want their daughters to emulate as role models. The warmth of personality, calmness, independence, quiet strength, inner confidence, and a strong work ethic are essential. A minimum of one year of college is required for all staff members.
We welcome your application to join us in Maine. Where better to spend the summer?!