- Date Posted: September 13, 2023
- Location: Pensacola, Florida
- Company: National Flight Academy
- Salary: From $15 an Hour
National Flight Academy
National Flight Academy
Seasonal Work Timeline: Fall 2023, Winter 2024, Spring 2024, Summer 2024
We occasionally have programs running throughout the school year. However, hours are never guaranteed. We operate mainly during the summer.
- Must be able to pass a level two background screening
- Must have a valid driver’s license or state issued ID card
- Health Information and Portability Act (HIPAA) certified (provided)
- Florida Department of Children and Families (DCF) Identifying, and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect certified (provided)
Flight Lead Job Descriptions: The National Flight Academy (NFA) is seeking college-aged students to serve in the capacity of ‘camp counselor’ at an aviation-based STEM camp! The position requires role play as U.S. Navy personnel aboard the simulated aircraft carrier at the NFA on Naval Air Station Pensacola. Flight Leads will serve as mentors and counselors to NFA program attendees. The position is responsible for supervising groups (squadrons) of 12 youth attendees on average and other duties as assigned. Flight Leads are also responsible for the health and safety of their students.
AM and PM Flight Leads will lead their assigned squadron through the daily portions of the program schedule. These activities will include off-ship excursions (field trips), small and large group team building exercises, assisting the facilitators with mission instruction, flight planning exercises, and the execution of planned missions.
Work Environment: The work location is the National Flight Academy facility on Naval Air Station Pensacola, Pensacola, FL. The employee will be required to work primarily indoors in dimly lit, air-conditioned settings in an educational gaming/classroom environment. AM Flight Leads will also spend portions of their day outside. Work will include long periods of computer screen monitoring and use of technology resources.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- 8 hour shift
- Afternoon shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Pensacola, FL 32508: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
Please email at [email protected] for more details or Call us at (877) 552-3632 for futher communication.