- Date Posted: April 19, 2023
- Location: Brooklyn, New York
- Company: NY Kids Club
- Salary: $20 an hour
- Housing Offered: $20 an hour
- Website: https://nykidsclub.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (718) 228-0800
NY Kids Club
NY Kids Club & NY Preschool is inspiring today’s children to succeed in tomorrow’s world with our love for play— and we’re looking for a Summer Camp Counselor to join our growing team!
Our mission is to instill a lifelong love of learning with our engaging curriculum, taught in a safe, dynamic and supportive environment and designed to enrich every child throughout their educational journey.
We pride ourselves on an environment that allows you to find a sense of belonging, learn from your diverse teammates, who have a great sense of humor, and take pride in everything they do; if that sounds like you, join us!
Here’s what a Summer Camp Counselor’s day looks like:
- Ensure each students health and safety at all times through close supervision and adherence to our daily protocols
- Implement our unique, creative and original curriculum to bring learning to life in a thematic and magical setting!
- Support each student in their social, emotional, cognitive, and physical growth by learning through play in a positive and caring way
- Facilitate children’s activities, serve food and ensure that all transitions run smoothly, with the help of an enthusiastic team
- Engage daily with parents and caregivers, sharing your classroom’s day-to-day activities
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be all responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
This job is for you if:
- Are available from June through the end of August (with the opportunity to extend into the school year for all local and qualified candidates)
- Have a High School Diploma or GED
- Hold 1-2 years of teaching, camp, or enrichment experience with children ages 2-6 years
- Are well-spoken and comfortable speaking with parents and caregivers
- Are a lifelong learner!
- Have the availability to work 8:30am-4pm or 6pm
What’s in it for you:
- Commuter Program – You will be eligible for a discounted membership through CitiBike and ZipCar.
- Stay Active – NY Kids Club is committed to your health and wellness. Enjoy unlimited access to Crunch Fitness with discounted membership options.
- Start Saving – NY Kids Club offers you discounts on everyday experiences, entertainment offerings, phone plans, electronics, vacations, and even cars! These exclusive savings are FREE!
- More Benefits – Upon extending into the school year, you will be eligible for Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits; Paid Time Off; 401(k) Savings and Retirement Plan; Tuition Assistance, and more!
Pay rate is $20.00 per hour
At NY Kids Club & NY Preschool, we strive to be an inclusive and diverse community where all team members work in an accepting environment. We celebrate our differences and lead with kindness and respect. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information. These are our guiding principles that apply to all terms of employment, including promotions, transfers, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
The NY Kids Club complies with all requirements set forth by the Americans with Disabilities Act, City, State, and Federal law. If you require any accommodation in the completion of this application, please reach out to [email protected].