Our Guide Staff begin as Summer Camp Counselors on our flagship summer camp program, which begins in late May/early June with mandatory staff training and runs to mid-August. In an average season, counselors can expect about 15-20 days of work per month; some months may have more or less work than others. Pending availability and success of our summer camp program, some guides will have the opportunity to work as Assistant Guides on our Guide Service program on Backpacking and Day Trips. This can extend the season through September or early October. All Summer Camp Counselors/Assistant Guides must be at least 21 years old prior to beginning work.
Minimum Requirements for Counselors/Guides:
- Able to legally work in the United States (unfortunately, we are not an H2B Visa Employer)
- A minimum of 21 years old (18+ for Interns)
- Current Wilderness First Responder (Wilderness First Aid for Interns) certification or higher and current CPR certification
- California Food Handlers Certificate
- Reliable Transportation to/from work
- Solid communication and leadership skills
- Advanced skills and knowledge in backpacking/hiking and related gear
- Knowledge of Yosemite history, geology, plants, and wildlife (or a passion to learn it quickly)
- Advanced backcountry cooking skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Able to pass a pre-employment background check
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field (ex. Recreation, Environmental Studies, Youth Development, etc.) is desirable
- Ability to attend mandatory Staff Training in late May/early June
If interested in applying, visit link below:
About Lasting Adventures:
Lasting Adventures is a nonprofit that operates a variety of backcountry programs which utilize Adventure Based Programming as a means of making personal connections with the environment and the world around us. We facilitate youth backpacking summer camps, adventure-based outdoor education programs, corporate adventure programs, family adventures as well as custom backpacking and day trips. We work to ensure our programs are meaningful, supportive, educational and fun.
Interviews offers will begin in early January. We accept applications on a rolling basis, until all positions are filled. We strive to hire exceptional and professional individuals who share a passion for the outdoors and want to share that passion with others. Applicants should meet our basic requirements below, and we prefer those who have had prior similar work experiences and/or training in the past.
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden